By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - For people who ONLY own a Wii, what price break on PS3 is needed to buy?

bobbo19 said:
wick said:
I have no interest in a PS3. I might get a 360 in a few weeks though.

same here. In all my life i have neverowned a Sony console, and if i was to buy a HD console it would undoubtedly be a Xbox 360. After having a friends 360 for a few months, i still use the Wii more, and as I Like Bacon said: the Wii is probably the Best console's i have ever owned.

Last gen I owned all the home consoles (hmmmm and a psp and DS.... I'm a gaming slut!) But I only really ever used the PS2 for the f1 games seeing as I'm a big F1 fan and I enjoyed more single player games like Fable and KOTOR on the Xbox.

Now that sony no longer has the F1 games licence there's really no reason for me to get one. I'm not a fan of MGS and most of the games I would be interested in are either multi-plat or 360 exclusives.

I agree about the Wii being the best console I've ever owned too.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Around the Network

Doesn't matter. I buy a console based on the games alone...

bevochan said:

For those who own a xbox360, it's assumed that you don't need another HD gaming system.

If you only own a Wii and want to move up to a HD gaming system, is a $50 price break enough to get a PS3?

How about $100?

Or just buy a separate blu-ray disc player?

Your full of shit. I bought a 360, but I was not willing to pay even 200 for it. So no, a 50 drop would not have made me buy one.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Mmmmm..... no! The only thing worth it in the ps3 is God of War III...... I'm not buying a console for just one game x)

I am quite the opposite. I own both HD consoles but refuse to buy the Wii, even if it gets a $100 price drop. :)

Around the Network
Dazkarieh said:
"move up to a HD gaming system"?????

LOOLLOLLOLLOLOL

Well, I have all systems... so I can play them all. But, if I had to choose one, it would definitely be the Wii. Move up... lol

Judging by your profile you havent even made a PSN account..

mM

I'll get it if someone gives it to me as a present!

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

leo-j said:
Dazkarieh said:
"move up to a HD gaming system"?????

LOOLLOLLOLLOLOL

Well, I have all systems... so I can play them all. But, if I had to choose one, it would definitely be the Wii. Move up... lol

Judging by your profile you havent even made a PSN account..

I confess... I'm confused. You're saying that because I don't have the account name on my profile? Well, is not (and never will be) completed. You can't find my X360 account as well. Neverthless, I don't play online for a long time, and the only game that really addicted me to online was MSCF.

I'm not going to waste my time going the way you're wanting to go. I have too much to do in my life than loosing time creating imaginable worlds. If you want, please hel yourself ;) Bear in mind that the only gaming platform I don't have at the moment is Atari 2600, because unfortunately mine is not working.

Oh... and that the Wii was the first Nintendo home console I owned. All the other were purchased after it ;)

You lost me at "move up". It's a different set of values, so that's a very poor choice of words.

the2bears - the indie shmup blog

I'll re-evaluate my stance on getting a PS3 when it hits $200. Definitely not worth any more IMHO, considering I don't care for blu-ray or online gaming.  It won't replace my PS2/Wii combination that take most of my time though. :)

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.