By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - For people who ONLY own a Wii, what price break on PS3 is needed to buy?

This generation (so far) I only have a Wii.

For me to consider purchasing a PS3 it needs to drop to $299 and have BC--until both of these criteria are met, I will not buy one.  If these are not met before the release of FF XIII then I will likely never buy a PS3 and will instead get an Xbox 360.

Around the Network

I own a 360 and a Wii.

I will buy a 299 ps3...ill probably play killzone 2, uncharted 2, LBP and maybe infamous and then sell it tho. May try god of war 3 if its out at the time...

I kinda did this last year and I played MGS4, Resistance and Uncharted and then sold it.

Haha. Move on up.

At the moment, I wouldn't even consider it at any sort of price. There are a whole bunch of must have Wii games that I need to buy, and I need to buy a DS before a PS3

I might consider buying a PS3 at $299... but mostly for the Blu Ray player... The PS3 has very few games that interest me and most are already available on the Xbox 360 (which I also have)

Not interested. Some people have to understand that it isn't just "price" that is a detering factor. And what does "moving up" mean? I had a 360, the shit turned red and broke and M$ wanted me to pay for the repairs, no thanks. AND wanted me to pay a monthly fee for online? I'm not a PC gamer.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
I said judging by your account on vgchartz it seems you dont have a PLAYSTATION NETWORK account or use one frequently(same applies to a gamertag on XBL)

In that case, yes. I don't understand what does it have to do with the conversation, but truth it is. I don't play online at all that much.

Dazkarieh said:
leo-j said:
I said judging by your account on vgchartz it seems you dont have a PLAYSTATION NETWORK account or use one frequently(same applies to a gamertag on XBL)

In that case, yes. I don't understand what does it have to do with the conversation, but truth it is. I don't play online at all that much.

PSN is a huge part of the ps3 experience, without it might as well just have a bluray player that plays ps3 games

mM

Before I buy a 360 or a PS3, I would first buy a HDTV. That is not going to happen for a while.

Once I have the TV, I would consider the 360 first, since that is what some of my friends own, it is cheaper, I like the controller better, and it is pretty much the same games and experience. I have already played most of the big games on my friend's 360, so I'm not sure I even want one at this point though. Maybe when they are really cheap.

As for the PS3, the only exclusive that really interests me at this point is Little Big Planet.  Another problem is that none of my friends own one, and I'm not a huge fan of the controller.  A PS3 backwards compatible with PS2 games would be a real draw for me though. At $150 or $200 dollars, a BC PS3 would be very tempting for me.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

leo-j said:
Dazkarieh said:
leo-j said:

PSN is a huge part of the ps3 experience, without it might as well just have a bluray player that plays ps3 games

And that is how we get to -56,000 vg$ folks. (well at least partially, lol)

illiteratewhino said:
leo-j said:
Dazkarieh said:
leo-j said:

And that is how we get to -56,000 vg$ folks. (well at least partially, lol)

Really now, what would the XBOX 360 be without xbox live? It wouldnt feel like an xbox 360 now would it.. same goes with the PS3 and PSN

mM