By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - For people who ONLY own a Wii, what price break on PS3 is needed to buy?

bdbdbd said:
leo-j said:

illiteratewhino said:

leo-j said:

Dazkarieh said:

leo-j said:
I said judging by your account on vgchartz it seems you dont have a PLAYSTATION NETWORK account or use one frequently(same applies to a gamertag on XBL)

In that case, yes. I don't understand what does it have to do with the conversation, but truth it is. I don't play online at all that much.

PSN is a huge part of the ps3 experience, without it might as well just have a bluray player that plays ps3 games

And that is how we get to -56,000 vg$ folks. (well at least partially, lol)

Really now, what would the XBOX 360 be without xbox live? It wouldnt feel like an xbox 360 now would it.. same goes with the PS3 and PSN

That's true. In the consoles today, online plays a big part in the experience. Too bad for Sony and M$, Nintendo made it integral, as opposed to separate experience on the competition.
But, yeah, it doesn't invalidate what you said.

.. your going to have to explain that a little further ..

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

i owna360 and a Wii, and I'd love to own a PS3, but in order for that to happen it needs to be under $300.

When Sony includes a free 50" HDTV with the PS3, I'll get one.

The PS3 always interested me more than a 360 as its existing and upcoming exclusives are more to my taste (e.g. Last Guardian, Heavy Rain, Valkyria Chronicles, Uncharted series, Ratchet & Clank, GT5, LBP).

300 € would the price where I couldn't resist anymore, but the price was never a real obstacle to me anyway.

The obstacles to me are
- I don't own an HDTV and at the moment I would not buy one just for HD gaming
- missing BC (I never owned a PS2 and I would want to have the possibility to play games like SoTC on the PS3)

The TC is making a few flawed assumptions: that Wii owners need to 'upgrade' (I don't understand how a PS3 is an upgrade over the Wii, but whatever) and two, that Wii owners do not own a blueray player but will buy one eventually. 

Sorry, but I have no intention of buying a PS3-- it just doesn't have many games I am interested in playing (the Xbox 360, however, has some).  To tell you the truth, I haven't even played all the games I am interested in on the Wii! 

As for the assumption that I will buy a Blueray player, I don't see that happening any time soon considering I have two SD TV's that work fine and I don't have the money to upgrade to a better TV (gotta love being a poor Grad student), and while I like HD, my SD DVD's are fine to me and I also don't want to pay $10-15 more per movie.

Around the Network

I wouldn't even buy one if they gave them away for free. I just don't care for a single game on that console except god of war 3 which looks cool.

I own both a PS3 and 360 and no wii. but to make people jump in to
geting a PS3 there needs to be at least a 100 dollar price drop.
50 dollar price drop wont matter. i paid 499 for my 20 gig PS3 at launch
on nov 17.06

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

I'd rather get a ps2 than a ps3.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

No interest. I have HD TV and money's not an issue. Some of the games LOOK great but they just aren't Mario Kart, SSB "laugh your ass off" fun.