By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - For people who ONLY own a Wii, what price break on PS3 is needed to buy?

leo-j said:
illiteratewhino said:
leo-j said:
Dazkarieh said:
leo-j said:
I said judging by your account on vgchartz it seems you dont have a PLAYSTATION NETWORK account or use one frequently(same applies to a gamertag on XBL)

In that case, yes. I don't understand what does it have to do with the conversation, but truth it is. I don't play online at all that much.

PSN is a huge part of the ps3 experience, without it might as well just have a bluray player that plays ps3 games

And that is how we get to -56,000 vg$ folks. (well at least partially, lol)

Really now, what would the XBOX 360 be without xbox live? It wouldnt feel like an xbox 360 now would it.. same goes with the PS3 and PSN

Well, ok. What I have to say is that I already tried that experience and I won't say I don't like it. I simply don't use it  that much (well, Live of course I don't use it at all).

Around the Network
Dazkarieh said:
leo-j said:
illiteratewhino said:
leo-j said:
Dazkarieh said:
leo-j said:
I said judging by your account on vgchartz it seems you dont have a PLAYSTATION NETWORK account or use one frequently(same applies to a gamertag on XBL)

In that case, yes. I don't understand what does it have to do with the conversation, but truth it is. I don't play online at all that much.

PSN is a huge part of the ps3 experience, without it might as well just have a bluray player that plays ps3 games

Really now, what would the XBOX 360 be without xbox live? It wouldnt feel like an xbox 360 now would it.. same goes with the PS3 and PSN

Well, ok. What I have to say is that I already tried that experience and I won't say I don't like it. I simply don't use it  that much (well, Live of course I don't use it at all).

That is why you dont like your ps3 or 360 as much as you do your wii

mM
leo-j said:
Dazkarieh said:
leo-j said:
illiteratewhino said:
leo-j said:
Dazkarieh said:
leo-j said:

That is why you dont like your ps3 or 360 as much as you do your wii

Uhhh... ok...

Personaly, I like games, not features, but... if you see it that way...

I'll probably be back to PS3 online on Valkyria Chronicles soon... ;)

1. I would require an HDTV (not buying one until probably this black friday)
2. ~$200 price point

leo-j said:

illiteratewhino said:

leo-j said:

Dazkarieh said:

leo-j said:

That's true. In the consoles today, online plays a big part in the experience. Too bad for Sony and M$, Nintendo made it integral, as opposed to separate experience on the competition.
But, yeah, it doesn't invalidate what you said.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

Don't place too much emphasis on online, half of all console owners still have never hooked up their system online, let alone use it regularly.

do not want, so I guess it could get a 100% price drop

If I were a Wii-only gamer, I'd be compelled to buy a 360 instead.

Movin' on up to the east side (to a deluxe console in the sky).

I've had a Wii since the day it launched, and no other consoles this generation. The PS3 hasn't had a single exclusive game interest me until I saw the demo for ModNation Racers and got to play a demo of Katamari Forever. I am madly in love with Katamari and will eventually need a PS2, PSP, 360, and PS3 to have every Katamari game. But that can wait several years until I can find all those systems used for under $100. The 360 has more games that interest me, but most of their exclusives are on PC with better graphics, controls, modding, and free online multiplayer. But I WILL be getting a 360 for Sneak King when I can afford it.

I have a 56" HDTV, and all that's hooked up to it are my Wii, SNES, regular DVD player, and VCR.  Don't even have cable or an antenna hooked up for TV.

Hmm... well, since it's just moving sideways, not up, that point is moot. But what would it take for me to take a PS3 in the current market? Make it free. Seriously. There just aren't enough games for it that interest me, and I don't trust Sony's record with systems in this house. (Our 4th PS1 died recently, and we're on the 3rd PS2. Compare this to 1 of every Nintendo system going back to the NES.)

Ironically enough, it's also the reliability that is stopping us from getting a 360. There's plenty of 360 Arcade games that we're looking at, but $300 for a system with a high failure rate is too much to pay. Make it $100 (w/ drive) and we'll talk...

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...