By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN's Overall Best of E3 2009 Awards

selnor said:
Mass Effect 2 is THE game I care about most. Cant wait for it. Mass Effect 2 will be GOTY 2010. Damn it's gonna own. Did I say Mass Effect 2 is gonna be awesome. ;)

It's launching in January. I mean, MGS4 launched in June and most sites didn't give it GoTY (after giving it perfect or near-perfect scores). Fallout 3 and LBP both launched in October (Q4), and they completely annihalated the competition.

God of War did it in March, but that was quite a while ago. Okami was September, Super Mario Galaxy was November, Fallout 3 was October. I'm surprised SoTC didn't win GoTY 2005 from IGN, releasing so late in the year- maybe that was back when their award ceremonies weren't a joke? (No insult to SoTC).

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

Go Scribblenauts Go!!!!!

I'm quite surprised that NSMB Wii didn´t win in Platforming.

thanny said:

@Kantor and others:

So basically, you are saying "whinge whinge whinge, their OPINION does not match my OPINION therefore they are a bad website and are wrong"

sounds kinda conceited doesnt it?

I have seen a lot of lists that I doesn't agree with but that I can still respect because they make sense. But this list makes close to none.

I LOVE ICELAND!

I wonder how they do this. Show of hands? Random ballot? Put all of the nominees into a hat and draw one out?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

KungKras said:
thanny said:

@Kantor and others:

So basically, you are saying "whinge whinge whinge, their OPINION does not match my OPINION therefore they are a bad website and are wrong"

I have seen a lot of lists that I doesn't agree with but that I can still respect because they make sense. But this list makes close to none.

Dont want to stir a hornets nest, but IGN is what many Sony Fanboys call the only credible site. All of a sudden it's not because 360 wins the majority of genres. And worse still they are exclusive titles to 360. It's very hard for any media not to be impressed with 360's offering this E3.

OT: Nice to see Forza 3 win another Racing category. Also I cant wait now. I get to play SC C, Forza 3 and ODST all this year. Damn good year for gaming.

Around the Network
selnor said:
KungKras said:
thanny said:

@Kantor and others:

Dont want to stir a hornets nest, but IGN is what many Sony Fanboys call the only credible site. All of a sudden it's not because 360 wins the majority of genres. And worse still they are exclusive titles to 360. It's very hard for any media not to be impressed with 360's offering this E3.

OT: Nice to see Forza 3 win another Racing category. Also I cant wait now. I get to play SC C, Forza 3 and ODST all this year. Damn good year for gaming.

Selnor.....are you trying to call a guy with a SEGA logo on his avatar a sony fanboy?

Kantor said:
thanny said:
@Kantir and other:

Good to see Scribblenauts getting a lot of attention! it deserves it!

No, that's not what I am saying. Why must they always try to be "different" and "unique"?

I dont think they are being different and unique at all.

I called Mass Effect 2 better than FF13 awhile ago. Looks like IGN agree. Forza 3 imo was the right choice. IT looks and sounds amazing. Alan Wake deserved it's title and so did Splinter Cell. Mass Effect 2 is likely for GOTY 2010. So no surprise that it got Console game of the show. I dont know why everyone is so surprised with Uncharted 2 not getting game of the show or console game of the show or even of it's genre. Uncharted 1 was a good game, but by no means an amazing game.

If the media in general rated Uncharted as 88 on meta overall, it doesnt surprise me that U2 did not win it's categories.

selnor said:
Kantor said:
thanny said:
@Kantir and other:

No, that's not what I am saying. Why must they always try to be "different" and "unique"?

I called Mass Effect 2 better than FF13 awhile ago. Looks like IGN agree. Forza 3 imo was the right choice. IT looks and sounds amazing. Alan Wake deserved it's title and so did Splinter Cell. Mass Effect 2 is likely for GOTY 2010. So no surprise that it got Console game of the show. I dont know why everyone is so surprised with Uncharted 2 not getting game of the show or console game of the show or even of it's genre. Uncharted 1 was a good game, but by no means an amazing game.

If the media in general rated Uncharted as 88 on meta overall, it doesnt surprise me that U2 did not win it's categories.

Don't be so quick to count out Uncharted 2, it has already won 2 other lists.  ME2 has only "won" one to my knowledge, and that's if you call this a win when Scribblenauts took the crown.

XxXProphecyXxX said:
selnor said:
KungKras said:
thanny said:

@Kantor and others:

Selnor.....are you trying to call a guy with a SEGA logo on his avatar a sony fanboy?

I was merely standing up for Thanny. Because he's really close to the truth.

Torillian said:
selnor said:
Kantor said:
thanny said:
@Kantir and other:

Don't be so quick to count out Uncharted 2, it has already won 2 other lists.  ME2 has only "won" one to my knowledge, and that's if you call this a win when Scribblenauts took the crown.

As far as I'm aware, Gamespy or was it GamesRadar or maybe both gave GOTS to Mass Effect 2. And I think Gamespot. But whatever it is, 360 games have been making a big showing in the awards. Yet VGChartz members seem against the grain and calling any award that doesnt feature PS3 exclusives heavily wrong. The majority of the medai gave M$ best showing award, and more 360 exclusives are topping awards lists. Is that so hard to beli3ve??

M$ showed a great variety of games and some awesome looking games. They've had a chance to see more closely behind closed doors and in many cases play the games. Whatever your feelings, missing out on 360 exclusives this year and next will be a big miss for many gamers who dont own 360's according to almost all media awards.