By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN's Overall Best of E3 2009 Awards

selnor said:
Torillian said:
selnor said:
Kantor said:
thanny said:
@Kantir and other:

So basically, you are saying "whinge whinge whinge, their OPINION does not match my OPINION therefore they are a bad website and are wrong"

sounds kinda conceited doesnt it?

Good to see Scribblenauts getting a lot of attention! it deserves it!

No, that's not what I am saying. Why must they always try to be "different" and "unique"?

I dont think they are being different and unique at all.

I called Mass Effect 2 better than FF13 awhile ago. Looks like IGN agree. Forza 3 imo was the right choice. IT looks and sounds amazing. Alan Wake deserved it's title and so did Splinter Cell. Mass Effect 2 is likely for GOTY 2010. So no surprise that it got Console game of the show. I dont know why everyone is so surprised with Uncharted 2 not getting game of the show or console game of the show or even of it's genre. Uncharted 1 was a good game, but by no means an amazing game.

If the media in general rated Uncharted as 88 on meta overall, it doesnt surprise me that U2 did not win it's categories.

Don't be so quick to count out Uncharted 2, it has already won 2 other lists.  ME2 has only "won" one to my knowledge, and that's if you call this a win when Scribblenauts took the crown.

As far as I'm aware, Gamespy or was it GamesRadar or maybe both gave GOTS to Mass Effect 2. And I think Gamespot. But whatever it is, 360 games have been making a big showing in the awards. Yet VGChartz members seem against the grain and calling any award that doesnt feature PS3 exclusives heavily wrong. The majority of the medai gave M$ best showing award, and more 360 exclusives are topping awards lists. Is that so hard to beli3ve??

M$ showed a great variety of games and some awesome looking games. They've had a chance to see more closely behind closed doors and in many cases play the games. Whatever your feelings, missing out on 360 exclusives this year and next will be a big miss for many gamers who dont own 360's according to almost all media awards.

I'm not arguing about any of that.  I am arguing about you downplaying Uncharted 2 as though you already know it isn't that great. 

Gamespy gave GotS to Scribblenaughts, and I couldn't find any evidence that Gamespot or Gamesradar have had their Best of E3 awards yet.

Around the Network
Torillian said:
selnor said:
Torillian said:
selnor said:
Kantor said:
thanny said:
@Kantir and other:

So basically, you are saying "whinge whinge whinge, their OPINION does not match my OPINION therefore they are a bad website and are wrong"

Good to see Scribblenauts getting a lot of attention! it deserves it!

No, that's not what I am saying. Why must they always try to be "different" and "unique"?

I dont think they are being different and unique at all.

I called Mass Effect 2 better than FF13 awhile ago. Looks like IGN agree. Forza 3 imo was the right choice. IT looks and sounds amazing. Alan Wake deserved it's title and so did Splinter Cell. Mass Effect 2 is likely for GOTY 2010. So no surprise that it got Console game of the show. I dont know why everyone is so surprised with Uncharted 2 not getting game of the show or console game of the show or even of it's genre. Uncharted 1 was a good game, but by no means an amazing game.

If the media in general rated Uncharted as 88 on meta overall, it doesnt surprise me that U2 did not win it's categories.

Don't be so quick to count out Uncharted 2, it has already won 2 other lists.  ME2 has only "won" one to my knowledge, and that's if you call this a win when Scribblenauts took the crown.

As far as I'm aware, Gamespy or was it GamesRadar or maybe both gave GOTS to Mass Effect 2. And I think Gamespot. But whatever it is, 360 games have been making a big showing in the awards. Yet VGChartz members seem against the grain and calling any award that doesnt feature PS3 exclusives heavily wrong. The majority of the medai gave M$ best showing award, and more 360 exclusives are topping awards lists. Is that so hard to beli3ve??

M$ showed a great variety of games and some awesome looking games. They've had a chance to see more closely behind closed doors and in many cases play the games. Whatever your feelings, missing out on 360 exclusives this year and next will be a big miss for many gamers who dont own 360's according to almost all media awards.

I'm not arguing about any of that.  I am arguing about you downplaying Uncharted 2 as though you already know it isn't that great. 

Gamespy gave GotS to Scribblenaughts, and I couldn't find any evidence that Gamespot or Gamesradar have had their Best of E3 awards yet.

I wasnt downplaying it, I'm saying it doesnt surprise me it's not featuring heavily in lists. I only have the first game to go by. Considering the competition it's up against and all. I personally would be hard pressed to purchase it after the first one, when Conviction, Heavy Rain, Forza 3 and ODST are all out this year. I would buy the other 4 before Uncharted. But that's MY OPINION. ( Before I get swamped )

I already told you it has won 2, it's featuring more heavily than any of the games you mentioned.

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?pager.offset=2&cId=3174543

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/993/993784p2.html

I wonder if Scribblenauts is the fanboy appeasement game? Since favouring one or the other for overall best game would ignite a fanboy war they chose an unknown third party instead (Im not saying Scribblenauts isn't excellent). You already have enough hurt feelings WITHOUT giving the overall best game to one side or the other...

Also isn't IGN mainly a U.S. site? So therefore its audience is mainly Xbox 360 users?

Tease.

XxXProphecyXxX said:
selnor said:
KungKras said:
thanny said:

@Kantor and others:

I have seen a lot of lists that I doesn't agree with but that I can still respect because they make sense. But this list makes close to none.

Dont want to stir a hornets nest, but IGN is what many Sony Fanboys call the only credible site. All of a sudden it's not because 360 wins the majority of genres. And worse still they are exclusive titles to 360. It's very hard for any media not to be impressed with 360's offering this E3.

OT: Nice to see Forza 3 win another Racing category. Also I cant wait now. I get to play SC C, Forza 3 and ODST all this year. Damn good year for gaming.

Selnor.....are you trying to call a guy with a SEGA logo on his avatar a sony fanboy?

Haha xD. This!

Anyways as I said, putting Supreme Commander above Starcraft can only be done if:

A - you don't know what an RTS game is

B - You are on drugs

Seriously, how could IGN be so wrong, it's like saying [insert random 3D platformer] is better than Super Mario 64.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network
Torillian said:

I already told you it has won 2, it's featuring more heavily than any of the games you mentioned.

You are scraping the barrel using IGN AU, it's not even an awards list.

Mass Effect 2 Best Of show = GamesRadar

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/e3-09-gamesradars-e3-2009-awards/a-20090605154041732062/p-4

MAss Effect 2 Console game of the show = IGN

Gamespy has Mass Effect 2 runner up to Scribblenauts. But Uncharted 2 nowhere.

I'm sure Uncharted 2 has another real award from another 1 other than 1up.

My point was that Uncharted 2 on this site is like gold. But I dont see the gold based off the first game. I see a good game though.

KungKras said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
selnor said:
KungKras said:
thanny said:

@Kantor and others:

I have seen a lot of lists that I doesn't agree with but that I can still respect because they make sense. But this list makes close to none.

Dont want to stir a hornets nest, but IGN is what many Sony Fanboys call the only credible site. All of a sudden it's not because 360 wins the majority of genres. And worse still they are exclusive titles to 360. It's very hard for any media not to be impressed with 360's offering this E3.

OT: Nice to see Forza 3 win another Racing category. Also I cant wait now. I get to play SC C, Forza 3 and ODST all this year. Damn good year for gaming.

Selnor.....are you trying to call a guy with a SEGA logo on his avatar a sony fanboy?

Haha xD. This!

Anyways as I said, putting Supreme Commander above Starcraft can only be done if:

B - You are on drugs

Seriously, how could IGN be so wrong, it's like saying [insert random 3D platformer] is better than Super Mario 64.

They showed StarCraft 2 at E3?

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

selnor said:
Torillian said:

You are scraping the barrel using IGN AU, it's not even an awards list.

Mass Effect 2 Best Of show = GamesRadar

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/e3-09-gamesradars-e3-2009-awards/a-20090605154041732062/p-4

MAss Effect 2 Console game of the show = IGN

Gamespy has Mass Effect 2 runner up to Scribblenauts. But Uncharted 2 nowhere.

I'm sure Uncharted 2 has another real award from another 1 other than 1up.

My point was that Uncharted 2 on this site is like gold. But I dont see the gold based off the first game. I see a good game though.

You're discounting IGN AU because they didn't format it how you want?  Why isn't Best Console game of the Show from IGN scraping the barrel from you?  You're going with qualifiers to make ME2 look better, while U2 was best in show from another branch of IGN without any qualifiers. 

And again, if it isn't showing heavily on lists then show me the GotS awards that ODST, Conviction, Heavy Rain, and Forza 3 have received since you seem to be so in tune with what the media thinks and you would pick those four games over Uncharted 2.

Shadowblind said:
KungKras said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
selnor said:
KungKras said:
thanny said:

@Kantor and others:

Haha xD. This!

B - You are on drugs

They showed StarCraft 2 at E3?

NO. Starcraft 2 was NOT at E3.

Mass Effect 2 is really getting a lot of praise... wish it was on PS3, my computer sucks!

This Scribblenauts is getting LOTS of praise too, never even heard of it before the other day...

and YAY! A PSP game won one of the awards =)