By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN's Overall Best of E3 2009 Awards

IGN made a great list. I totally approve.

Alan Wake, The Last Guardian, Natal, Forza 3, ME2, L4D2 - there's a lot of awesome stuff.

MS won a thunder victory in E3 2009.

Around the Network
selnor said:
Shadowblind said:
KungKras said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
selnor said:
KungKras said:
thanny said:

@Kantor and others:

So basically, you are saying "whinge whinge whinge, their OPINION does not match my OPINION therefore they are a bad website and are wrong"

sounds kinda conceited doesnt it?

I have seen a lot of lists that I doesn't agree with but that I can still respect because they make sense. But this list makes close to none.

Dont want to stir a hornets nest, but IGN is what many Sony Fanboys call the only credible site. All of a sudden it's not because 360 wins the majority of genres. And worse still they are exclusive titles to 360. It's very hard for any media not to be impressed with 360's offering this E3.

OT: Nice to see Forza 3 win another Racing category. Also I cant wait now. I get to play SC C, Forza 3 and ODST all this year. Damn good year for gaming.

Selnor.....are you trying to call a guy with a SEGA logo on his avatar a sony fanboy?

Haha xD. This!

Anyways as I said, putting Supreme Commander above Starcraft can only be done if:

A - you don't know what an RTS game is

B - You are on drugs

Seriously, how could IGN be so wrong, it's like saying [insert random 3D platformer] is better than Super Mario 64.

They showed StarCraft 2 at E3?

NO. Starcraft 2 was NOT at E3.

Thats what I thought.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Slimebeast said:
IGN made a great list. I totally approve.

Alan Wake, The Last Guardian, Natal, Forza 3, ME2, L4D2 - there's a lot of awesome stuff.

MS won a thunder victory in E3 2009.

Sony defenitly has too much of the same. Lots of the MS games are sequels, but they know how to keep it fresh. GT5, GoWIII, MAG - solid titles, but not very exciting. That, and Heavy Rain looked quite underwhelming - hopefully it still turns out okay.

Torillian said:
selnor said:
Torillian said:

I already told you it has won 2, it's featuring more heavily than any of the games you mentioned.

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?pager.offset=2&cId=3174543

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/993/993784p2.html

You are scraping the barrel using IGN AU, it's not even an awards list.

Mass Effect 2 Best Of show = GamesRadar

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/e3-09-gamesradars-e3-2009-awards/a-20090605154041732062/p-4

MAss Effect 2 Console game of the show = IGN

Gamespy has Mass Effect 2 runner up to Scribblenauts. But Uncharted 2 nowhere.

I'm sure Uncharted 2 has another real award from another 1 other than 1up.

My point was that Uncharted 2 on this site is like gold. But I dont see the gold based off the first game. I see a good game though.

You're discounting IGN AU because they didn't format it how you want?  Why isn't Best Console game of the Show from IGN scraping the barrel from you?  You're going with qualifiers to make ME2 look better, while U2 was best in show from another branch of IGN without any qualifiers. 

And again, if it isn't showing heavily on lists then show me the GotS awards that ODST, Conviction, Heavy Rain, and Forza 3 have received since you seem to be so in tune with what the media thinks and you would pick those four games over Uncharted 2.

Heavy Rain was my choice. Thats my fave PS3 game. ODST will review higher than U2, If I had bets left I would. Forza 3 will likely review higher to. But those 4 games are my opinion. But I'm pretty sure all apart from Heavy Rain will heavily outsell U2 to further prove my point.

But I was just saying I dont know why so many on VGChartz are so shocked by the lists being heavily 360 even if U2 does win GOTS. Thats all. 360 has had it's games feature heavily on all lists even if it doesnt win overall best game. And M$ won most of the conference of show to. I know it's hard to take, but I predicted all this in March.

U2 will be a good game. Just pointed out I didnt know why VGchartz is getting so upset. The majority of other forums aren't surprised.

GO SCRIBBLENAUTS!!! most interesting gave ever!

Around the Network

Scribblenauts FOR THE WIN! Seriously how could you hate a game where you can summon almost anything to help you solve the puzzle! lol

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

IGN are biased towards the XBox 360. This list does not surprise me. Oh well.

PS3beats360 said:

IGN are biased towards the XBox 360. This list does not surprise me. Oh well.

Well the majority of your PS3 buddies on here all sung IGN praises 3 months ago. Saying they are the most trustworthy site. Watch them all turn on IGN now. That leaves no credible sources left I guess. Oh well media sucks.

selnor said:
KungKras said:
thanny said:

@Kantor and others:

So basically, you are saying "whinge whinge whinge, their OPINION does not match my OPINION therefore they are a bad website and are wrong"

sounds kinda conceited doesnt it?

I have seen a lot of lists that I doesn't agree with but that I can still respect because they make sense. But this list makes close to none.

Dont want to stir a hornets nest, but IGN is what many Sony Fanboys call the only credible site. All of a sudden it's not because 360 wins the majority of genres. And worse still they are exclusive titles to 360. It's very hard for any media not to be impressed with 360's offering this E3.

OT: Nice to see Forza 3 win another Racing category. Also I cant wait now. I get to play SC C, Forza 3 and ODST all this year. Damn good year for gaming.

What makes you think what I said had anything to do with the 360? I don't remember mentioning it.

And I've been saying for quite some time that IGN's awards are pathetic. If you give two games a perfect score, you are somewhat obliged to make one of them Game of the Year. GameSpot did it, and GameSpot sucks.

I like their reviews (particularly the PS team), because they look fairly at (most) games, write an in-depth account of the features of the game, and score it fairly and impartially. It's not about ZOMGTOOLSOFDESTRUCTION9.4! Only a fanboy would like IGN because they give higher scores to PS3 exclusives. Not that that means they are biased- Were the Tools of Destruction and Fable II reviews written by the same person? No. Did they even talk to each other about the games? Probably not.

Even the platform specific awards are good. That's within a team.

It all goes wrong when IGN has to agree on something. Apparently, they can't. Either that, or the Sony team is the most timid of all of them, because this happens time and time again- games that won genre awards on PS3, and have extremely high scores, are nowhere to be seen in the overall list. Again, let's look at GoTY 2008.

MGS4 GoTY PS3- "This was an easy decision, nothing else came close"

Fallout 3 GoTY 260- "This is one of the hardest decisions we've made"

My biggest complaint, in fact, has nothing to do with the 360 at all. Scribblenauts? Seriously? Sure, it looks cool, but Game of the Show? When Mass Effect 2 and Uncharted 2 both had huge showings?

*sigh*

I suppose it's their opinion. Whatever. But it's a sad day when I agree with IGN AU more than IGN US

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Looks like microsoft owned the competitors. Good.