By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN's Overall Best of E3 2009 Awards

It's strange seeing Alan Wake under action. Still, it's good to see people call out GoW3 for what it is. GoW1/2 with prettier graphics.

Around the Network
student said:
It's strange seeing Alan Wake under action. Still, it's good to see people call out GoW3 for what it is. GoW1/2 with prettier graphics.

Alan Wake is just Luigi's Mansion with prettier graphics :P

Best Platforming Game
LittleBigPlanet Portable

Really? Not Mario?

Best Racing Game
Forza Motorsport 3

What happened to GT5?

Best Sports Game
Fight Night Round 4

What happened to the brilliant motion+ games?

Best Strategy Game
Supreme Commander 2

Okay this is just too much. The only way I will ever, EVER forgive this is if Starcraft2 wasn't somewhere to be found on E3, because if it was, how dare they put such a mediocre RTS in front of Starcraft, unforgivable, no unthinkable.

Best Multiplayer Experience
Left 4 Dead 2

MAG?

Best PC Game
Star Wars: Old Republic

Only forgivable if Starcraft2 wasn't present.

allthough Scribblenauts was a very interresing choice for best of show 1+ for that.

Overall, this list is at -5

I LOVE ICELAND!

Shadowblind said:
FreeTalkLive said:
Seems pretty biased against Wii Sports Resort. It is clearly the best sports game. I think most people (maybe not traditional gamers though) will find it the best multi-player game and best console game.

Despite it being based in opinion? I assume your being sarcastic.

Not in anyway, why?

Wii Sports Resort has the best control on any game, ever from what I've read.  It's supposed to be a lot better than Wii Sports which is clearly the most important game of this generation.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

FreeTalkLive said:
Shadowblind said:
FreeTalkLive said:
Seems pretty biased against Wii Sports Resort. It is clearly the best sports game. I think most people (maybe not traditional gamers though) will find it the best multi-player game and best console game.

Despite it being based in opinion? I assume your being sarcastic.

Not in anyway, why?

Wii Sports Resort has the best control on any game, ever from what I've read.  It's supposed to be a lot better than Wii Sports which is clearly the most important game of this generation.

most important doesn't directly equate to the best.

Around the Network

My respect for IGN just fell. Significantly.

This cements my opinion that IGN is completely incapable of doing a proper award ceremony. Just look at the GoTY awards for 2008.

Sigh...

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

@Kantor and others:

So basically, you are saying "whinge whinge whinge, their OPINION does not match my OPINION therefore they are a bad website and are wrong"

sounds kinda conceited doesnt it?

Good to see Scribblenauts getting a lot of attention! it deserves it!

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

thanny said:
@Kantir and other:

So basically, you are saying "whinge whinge whinge, their OPINION does not match my OPINION therefore they are a bad website and are wrong"

sounds kinda conceited doesnt it?

Good to see Scribblenauts getting a lot of attention! it deserves it!

No, that's not what I am saying. Why must they always try to be "different" and "unique"?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Mass Effect 2 is THE game I care about most. Cant wait for it. Mass Effect 2 will be GOTY 2010. Damn it's gonna own. Did I say Mass Effect 2 is gonna be awesome. ;)

Alan Wake beating out Uncharted 2 in the 'action' category makes no sense. The former isn't even an action title, and doesn't look nearly as impressive as Uncharted 2 regardless (Note: I'm actually heavily interested in Alan Wake, just not as much as Uncharted ).

Scribblenauts winning Game of the Show is great though. The game is incredibly creative, and looks like a lot of fun to play. It was between that and Uncharted 2 for me personally, so I'm glad one of them took it.