By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My ps3 has broken...AGAIN!!!

It's been only 8 months after sony sent me their refurbished console and now I have to go through the pocess again and they tell me I have to pay $149 again. The first time they told me I was one of the few unlucky ones, now they're saying the same thing again and I can't believe it. The 60gb is defective...nuff said. I've had the same exact problem: green light---turns yellow---flashes red twice now and I won't be paying for another cosmetic work.

If anyone knows alternate repair centers that can help me out (one in Philadelphia that I can visit especially), please let me know. The most important thing now is my data. I just can't start my kz2 profile all over again. I just want this ps3 repaired long enough for me to back up my data then I'll buy one of the new ones and take a 3 year store replacement warranty this time.

The funniest part of the story is that my ps1 never broke...I threw it away and my ps2 still works. Now my devil summoner 2 disc is stuck in the ps3 and I can't play even play that on my ps2 either. So much for the great "suck-disc" technology. It's almost like consoles are now engineered to fail and we're expected to take it as what it is.

To my fellow VGCz KZ2 clan members, looks like I'll be out for a while. Hopefully not too long. My respect for sony just droppped to zero. If not for kz2, I wont even repurchase a ps3. At least with RRoD, you get 3 years of warranty service. Sony won't admit they have problems.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

condolence...

Damn, sorry to hear it.

new hardware is more complicated and complex.. Expect higher failure rates then ps2 and ps1.

Im not saying its right though for sony to keep charging you.

This is not goina be very well accepted.

Damage control will follow shortly.

And you should bitch the living fuck out of Sony so they might fix it for free or something....unlikely, but you never know till you try.  I feel for you....its never fun having broken consoles.

Around the Network

Wait... is the yellow light a HDD problem?

if not cant you

Cant you buy a external HDD and back up your HDD with that then buy a new PS3... I'm not sure how much they'll charge you to repair.

or just take the old HDD out and swap it with the new HDD. (You'd lose 20 gigs) And then you could sell the old Ps3 for like 150 dollars.

Where in Philadelphia do you live? Despite you being a pain in my ass, I might be able to help you.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Where in Philadelphia do you live? Despite you being a pain in my ass, I might be able to help you.

North East Philly. Torresdale. Tx S.T.A.G.E.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Go buy a PS3 from walmart and then..................you know...

I never had the courage and the will to do that but it's a solution if you are ready to suffer the consequences.

Sorry Pristine, it's never a good time when you console breaks