By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My ps3 has broken...AGAIN!!!

Pristine20 said:
Reasonable said:
yo_john117 said:
Xxain said:
Pristine20 said:
yo_john117 said:

This is not goina be very well accepted.

Damage control will follow shortly.

And you should bitch the living fuck out of Sony so they might fix it for free or something....unlikely, but you never know till you try.  I feel for you....its never fun having broken consoles.

I tried. Dude keeps talking policy, policy, policy...they can't even guarantee I'll get the same console back which is more important than anything else. I've always hated corporations but now...I can't descibe the hatred. Due to the lack of individuality in the process, no one can feel your pain. People just operate robotically.

regardless if they give you tha same PS3 back...they will still wipe the hardrive

Why do they wipe the hardrive's?  That seems like a dick move imo.

I asked when my first PS3 broke.  They said it was to ensure no chance of your photos, etc. ending up somewhere else, etc.  Nonsense.  They do it so they can turn up, take your PS3, hand you one with a blank drive, take yours, fix it, wipe the drive and them deliver that to someone else when their's breaks.

The best thing is when you phone up to indicate your PS3 isn't booting up they advise you to back up everything before the swap as you can't get your HDD back.  Priceless advice.

Then, just to make it funnier, if you have your own HDD (as I do) when you put it back in you have to format it and then restore all the content as the HDD is coded to your old PS3 until you format it with your new one.

Still, I do like the big shiny black thing, I just wish handling its replacement was a lot easier.

Thank you very much for that. This is what the lady I talked to first told me. If my ps3 had power problems how the hell can I back up data? I talked to the Play N trade guys, hopefully they can fix this.

They can...trust me.

Around the Network

pristine how is ur playing habits???...i ask because i notice you play KZ2 like 24/7 or pretty close to that, that would definitely contribute to overheat features

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Fuck Sony and Microsoft. The only brand I would actually trust for quality and longevity is Nintendo. If you want to fix your PS3's and 360's go to Play N Trade and you can get it back within a week.

true that. My cousin's NES still works. I wish ninty will release a HD system and get all the 3rd party support. Breaking consoles seems like a normal thing now and thats just not right. i wish we still used memory cards for game saves. Technology is supposed to improve quality not to be cosmetic. It almost seems like a ploy to get people to buy more consoles.

It won't surprise me. the light bulb industry gets away with this. However, I must admit that it isn't smart to use this ploy on something that's sold at a loss.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

I'm starting to worry about my PS3 too - about a year ago i switched to playing all multi-plats on the PS3, so now I have it on a ton. The last couple weeks I've been playing infamous for long stretches and it seems to be louder than it used to...

Does this play N Trade place have places all over the country? I live in Omaha, Nebraska...

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Xxain said:
pristine how is ur playing habits???...i ask because i notice you play KZ2 like 24/7 or pretty close to that, that would definitely contribute to overheat features

I play a lot. Always did. played ps2 a lot, ps1 a lot....nothing broke. I just tuned on my ps3 to play devil summoner 2 and it went off after 5 mins and never came back on.

Sega genesis had overheating issues but c'mon this is 2009...we still have this problem? The console isn't hot...the problem is that it thinks that it's hot when it's not. Overengineering perhaps?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Pristine20 said:
Reasonable said:
yo_john117 said:
Xxain said:
Pristine20 said:
yo_john117 said:

This is not goina be very well accepted.

Damage control will follow shortly.

And you should bitch the living fuck out of Sony so they might fix it for free or something....unlikely, but you never know till you try.  I feel for you....its never fun having broken consoles.

I tried. Dude keeps talking policy, policy, policy...they can't even guarantee I'll get the same console back which is more important than anything else. I've always hated corporations but now...I can't descibe the hatred. Due to the lack of individuality in the process, no one can feel your pain. People just operate robotically.

regardless if they give you tha same PS3 back...they will still wipe the hardrive

Why do they wipe the hardrive's?  That seems like a dick move imo.

I asked when my first PS3 broke.  They said it was to ensure no chance of your photos, etc. ending up somewhere else, etc.  Nonsense.  They do it so they can turn up, take your PS3, hand you one with a blank drive, take yours, fix it, wipe the drive and them deliver that to someone else when their's breaks.

The best thing is when you phone up to indicate your PS3 isn't booting up they advise you to back up everything before the swap as you can't get your HDD back.  Priceless advice.

Then, just to make it funnier, if you have your own HDD (as I do) when you put it back in you have to format it and then restore all the content as the HDD is coded to your old PS3 until you format it with your new one.

Still, I do like the big shiny black thing, I just wish handling its replacement was a lot easier.

Thank you very much for that. This is what the lady I talked to first told me. If my ps3 had power problems how the hell can I back up data? I talked to the Play N trade guys, hopefully they can fix this.

They can...trust me.

You just made my day. Thank you sire.

If you're playing for long stretches, expect it to be louder, man... the thing does heat up over time, no?

Then again, I squeezed 14 consecutive hours out of the GC, no change in perfomance whatsoever!

epicurean said:
I'm starting to worry about my PS3 too - about a year ago i switched to playing all multi-plats on the PS3, so now I have it on a ton. The last couple weeks I've been playing infamous for long stretches and it seems to be louder than it used to...

Does this play N Trade place have places all over the country? I live in Omaha, Nebraska...

check their website. They may have a listing for your state

Pristine20 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Fuck Sony and Microsoft. The only brand I would actually trust for quality and longevity is Nintendo. If you want to fix your PS3's and 360's go to Play N Trade and you can get it back within a week.

true that. My cousin's NES still works. I wish ninty will release a HD system and get all the 3rd party support. Breaking consoles seems like a normal thing now and thats just not right. i wish we still used memory cards for game saves. Technology is supposed to improve quality not to be cosmetic. It almost seems like a ploy to get people to buy more consoles.

It won't surprise me. the light bulb industry gets away with this. However, I must admit that it isn't smart to use this ploy on something that's sold at a loss.

My 360 lasted through my whole warranty at Best Buy (which surprised me). I eventually got the RROD and I got it fixed at PlayNTrade. I haven't had a problem since. I just kept it in a ventilated area...thats about it.

Pristine20 said:
Xxain said:

I play a lot. Always did. played ps2 a lot, ps1 a lot....nothing broke. I just tuned on my ps3 to play devil summoner 2 and it went off after 5 mins and never came back on.

Sega genesis had overheating issues but c'mon this is 2009...we still have this problem? The console isn't hot...the problem is that it thinks that it's hot when it's not. Overengineering perhaps?

i highly suggest giving breaks inbetween( full shut down), higher techs mean higher risk which is contrary to popular belief..and cant compare a PS1&2 to 3