By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My ps3 has broken...AGAIN!!!

S.T.A.G.E. said:
ow Pristine20 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Where in Philadelphia do you live? Despite you being a pain in my ass, I might be able to help you.

North East Philly. Torresdale. Tx S.T.A.G.E.

Is that location near to any of these locations?

Willow Grove

ChaddsFord

Lancaster

Chalfont

Plymouth Meeting

Lansdale

It's near enough. I can easily get to any of those places. If you have an address that could help me...please do, you'll be saving lives y'know lol.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
RPG said:

Ah you are in the US, if you were here in the UK I know a way you could get it repaired for £5. My launch PS3 crashed on me and so did the replacement a day later. Couple months later 3rd one crashed but I did a sneaky. Got continious play for £5 and a couple weeks later called to say it was no longer working.

bish bash bosh got a new PS3! It's bullshit when something so expensive does not last for years but some people get all the luck. :(

lol -snap!  I couldn't be bothered waiting a couple of weeks so called 2 days later.  I did half expect them to say 'hang on, you only joined 2 days ago, and didn't you phone us 3 days ago asking about options for repair?'

Thanks to the miracle of souless call centres the operative couldn't care less of course.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Pristine20 said:
yo_john117 said:

This is not goina be very well accepted.

Damage control will follow shortly.

And you should bitch the living fuck out of Sony so they might fix it for free or something....unlikely, but you never know till you try.  I feel for you....its never fun having broken consoles.

I tried. Dude keeps talking policy, policy, policy...they can't even guarantee I'll get the same console back which is more important than anything else. I've always hated corporations but now...I can't descibe the hatred. Due to the lack of individuality in the process, no one can feel your pain. People just operate robotically.

regardless if they give you tha same PS3 back...they will still wipe the hardrive

twesterm said:
Do you not get any warranty period after you get it back or is it shorter than 8 months?

Also just curious since you have a BC PS3, did they say if you send it to them you won't get the BC PS3 back? I've heard places that they've stopped doing that if they have to do anything with the motherboard and that has me a little worried since I have the 80gig with full BC and 4USB slots.

only 90 lame days after paying $150. To think that I used to laugh at people paying $50/yr for xbox live....I'm paying $150 for 8 months of PSN.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Pristine20 said:
yo_john117 said:

And you should bitch the living fuck out of Sony so they might fix it for free or something....unlikely, but you never know till you try.  I feel for you....its never fun having broken consoles.

I tried. Dude keeps talking policy, policy, policy...they can't even guarantee I'll get the same console back which is more important than anything else. I've always hated corporations but now...I can't descibe the hatred. Due to the lack of individuality in the process, no one can feel your pain. People just operate robotically.

That's what is scaring me.  At the moment my PS3 is running louder than my old jet engine 360 ever did and it is still having the problem where sometimes it just doesn't want to recognize any of my BlueTooth devices so I'm guessing it's only a matter of time before it breaks.

I can live with the hard drive being wiped, I'll just be angry if I ever send in my PS3 in that has 4USB ports and BC and get one back that has 2 USB ports and no BC.  Shit.  Will.  Hit.  The.  Fan.

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
ow Pristine20 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Where in Philadelphia do you live? Despite you being a pain in my ass, I might be able to help you.

North East Philly. Torresdale. Tx S.T.A.G.E.

Is that location near to any of these locations?

Willow Grove

ChaddsFord

Lancaster

Chalfont

Plymouth Meeting

Lansdale

It's near enough. I can easily get to any of those places. If you have an address that could help me...please do, you'll be saving lives y'know lol.

These are locations for PlayNTrade stores in Philadelphia:

http://playntrade.com/storefinderadvanced#

They are like Gamestop, except they sell really old games and new ones as well. They also repair all next gen consoles and allow you to do test trials of games before you buy them. They also hold tournaments. These guys are the reason I cut off Microsoft and Sony after my purchaes of their systems and after my warranty with Microsoft ended at Best buy.

papflesje said:
Pristine20 said:

It's been only 8 months after sony sent me their refurbished console and now I have to go through the pocess again and they tell me I have to pay $149 again. The first time they told me I was one of the few unlucky ones, now they're saying the same thing again and I can't believe it. The 60gb is defective...nuff said. I've had the same exact problem: green light---turns yellow---flashes red twice now and I won't be paying for another cosmetic work.

If anyone knows alternate repair centers that can help me out (one in Philadelphia that I can visit especially), please let me know. The most important thing now is my data. I just can't start my kz2 profile all over again. I just want this ps3 repaired long enough for me to back up my data then I'll buy one of the new ones and take a 3 year store replacement warranty this time.

The funniest part of the story is that my ps1 never broke...I threw it away and my ps2 still works. Now my devil summoner 2 disc is stuck in the ps3 and I can't play even play that on my ps2 either. So much for the great "suck-disc" technology. It's almost like consoles are now engineered to fail and we're expected to take it as what it is.

To my fellow VGCz KZ2 clan members, looks like I'll be out for a while. Hopefully not too long. My respect for sony just droppped to zero. If not for kz2, I wont even repurchase a ps3. At least with RRoD, you get 3 years of warranty service. Sony won't admit they have problems.

Sorry to hear that you got F'd again...

About that last line: If the numbers of failed units are within the margin of error, they don't have to "admit" to anything, do they? Both they and Ninty have given their repair / broken numbers and they seem to fall within the margins easily. So you just got f'd twice by a faulty unit. Very unlucky :-/ *hopes his ps3 doesn't do that >_>*

If you have a 60gb, I'll advise you to back up every weekend. There are no symptoms...it just happens!

Pristine20 said:
yo_john117 said:

Damn that sucks.  You should try looking around your area for a place that fixes consoles for cheap, maybe you'll strike gold.  In fact it looks like stage is trying to help in that way...

twesterm said:
Pristine20 said:
yo_john117 said:

That's what is scaring me.  At the moment my PS3 is running louder than my old jet engine 360 ever did and it is still having the problem where sometimes it just doesn't want to recognize any of my BlueTooth devices so I'm guessing it's only a matter of time before it breaks.

I can live with the hard drive being wiped, I'll just be angry if I ever send in my PS3 in that has 4USB ports and BC and get one back that has 2 USB ports and no BC.  Shit.  Will.  Hit.  The.  Fan.

Dude, back up your system NOW!

twesterm said:
Pristine20 said:
yo_john117 said:

you are backing up your data right??....if your PS3 does break you'll only have yourself to blame if you lose everything