By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My ps3 has broken...AGAIN!!!

epicurean said:
I'm starting to worry about my PS3 too - about a year ago i switched to playing all multi-plats on the PS3, so now I have it on a ton. The last couple weeks I've been playing infamous for long stretches and it seems to be louder than it used to...

Does this play N Trade place have places all over the country? I live in Omaha, Nebraska...

The only place in Nebraska is Lincoln. I hope this is close enough, because its the only PlayNTrade in that whole state.
http://playntrade.com/storefinderadvanced#

Around the Network

Pristine, play for a consectuve of 4 hours... I guarantee it'll be hot.. and then.. check the air that comes out from the vent.

Lincoln is only an hour a way, so not bad. Thats good info to know, thanks!

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Xen said:
If you're playing for long stretches, expect it to be louder, man... the thing does heat up over time, no?

Then again, I squeezed 14 consecutive hours out of the GC, no change in perfomance whatsoever!

i used to leave my slim ps2 on for days even when I'm not playing yet it still works. our desktop at home hardly ever goes off and it's over four years old now and it's still working. Why is heat still an excuse in 2009?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Can't say. The PS3 is extremely crammed on the inside, I'm getting another fan for it soon. As insurance. Heck, it's not even a 60GB. Mine's a late 2008 80.

Around the Network
rckrz6 said:

new hardware is more complicated and complex.. Expect higher failure rates then ps2 and ps1.

Im not saying its right though for sony to keep charging you.

I seriously doubt thats possible. The only console to come close or even pass the PS2 is the Xbox 360's failure rate. The PS3 still has an insanely low failure rate.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Xxain said:
Pristine20 said:
Xxain said:
pristine how is ur playing habits???...i ask because i notice you play KZ2 like 24/7 or pretty close to that, that would definitely contribute to overheat features

I play a lot. Always did. played ps2 a lot, ps1 a lot....nothing broke. I just tuned on my ps3 to play devil summoner 2 and it went off after 5 mins and never came back on.

Sega genesis had overheating issues but c'mon this is 2009...we still have this problem? The console isn't hot...the problem is that it thinks that it's hot when it's not. Overengineering perhaps?

i highly suggest giving breaks inbetween( full shut down), higher techs mean higher risk which is contrary to popular belief..and cant compare a PS1&2 to 3

computers are higher tech too yet they somehow stay on for days. It isn't in a cramped space or hot either. It's on a table by itself with a fan next to it. Like the tech said, the problem is that the system thinks it's hot when it really isn't so to avoid burning your house, it shuts itself down...sounds like an engineering issue to me.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

pristine...stop comparing PS3 to PS2 man, your only gonna put yourself at risk again if you keep using " but my PS2.." argument

I have a 60GB PS3, threads like this make me feel insecure

Leonidus said:
I have a 60GB PS3, threads like this make me feel insecure

keep backing up 60gb are breaking down this year