By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My ps3 has broken...AGAIN!!!

Xxain said:
Pristine20 said:
yo_john117 said:

This is not goina be very well accepted.

Damage control will follow shortly.

And you should bitch the living fuck out of Sony so they might fix it for free or something....unlikely, but you never know till you try.  I feel for you....its never fun having broken consoles.

I tried. Dude keeps talking policy, policy, policy...they can't even guarantee I'll get the same console back which is more important than anything else. I've always hated corporations but now...I can't descibe the hatred. Due to the lack of individuality in the process, no one can feel your pain. People just operate robotically.

regardless if they give you tha same PS3 back...they will still wipe the hardrive

Why do they wipe the hardrive's?  That seems like a dick move imo.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Pristine20 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
ow Pristine20 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Where in Philadelphia do you live? Despite you being a pain in my ass, I might be able to help you.

North East Philly. Torresdale. Tx S.T.A.G.E.

Is that location near to any of these locations?

Willow Grove

ChaddsFord

Lancaster

Chalfont

Plymouth Meeting

Lansdale

It's near enough. I can easily get to any of those places. If you have an address that could help me...please do, you'll be saving lives y'know lol.

These are locations for PlayNTrade stores in Philadelphia:

http://playntrade.com/storefinderadvanced#

They are like Gamestop, except they sell really old games and new ones as well. They also repair all next gen consoles and allow you to do test trials of games before you buy them. They also hold tournaments. These guys are the reason I cut off Microsoft and Sony after my purchaes of their systems and after my warranty with Microsoft ended at Best buy.

Tx man. I'm gonna check them out right now. I'll be right back.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

I noticed a lot of 60gb are breaking down this year(mines included)

yo_john117 said:
Xxain said:
Pristine20 said:
yo_john117 said:

And you should bitch the living fuck out of Sony so they might fix it for free or something....unlikely, but you never know till you try.  I feel for you....its never fun having broken consoles.

I tried. Dude keeps talking policy, policy, policy...they can't even guarantee I'll get the same console back which is more important than anything else. I've always hated corporations but now...I can't descibe the hatred. Due to the lack of individuality in the process, no one can feel your pain. People just operate robotically.

regardless if they give you tha same PS3 back...they will still wipe the hardrive

Dude I agree...I nearly beged the guy not to wipe mine, but he said we have to make its not a Virus attack..and im like WTF!!! WHAT VIRUSES!!!

twesterm said:
Pristine20 said:
yo_john117 said:

That's what is scaring me.  At the moment my PS3 is running louder than my old jet engine 360 ever did and it is still having the problem where sometimes it just doesn't want to recognize any of my BlueTooth devices so I'm guessing it's only a matter of time before it breaks.

I can live with the hard drive being wiped, I'll just be angry if I ever send in my PS3 in that has 4USB ports and BC and get one back that has 2 USB ports and no BC.  Shit.  Will.  Hit.  The.  Fan.

I'm worried about my PS3 too.  Getting awfully loud for a console that used to be so quiet.  Although, I take solace in the fact that PS2 emulation on the PC seems to be getting pretty good.  If it ever does die, I'll still hopefully have something to play my PS2 games on.

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
Xxain said:
Pristine20 said:
yo_john117 said:

I asked when my first PS3 broke.  They said it was to ensure no chance of your photos, etc. ending up somewhere else, etc.  Nonsense.  They do it so they can turn up, take your PS3, hand you one with a blank drive, take yours, fix it, wipe the drive and them deliver that to someone else when their's breaks.

The best thing is when you phone up to indicate your PS3 isn't booting up they advise you to back up everything before the swap as you can't get your HDD back.  Priceless advice.

Then, just to make it funnier, if you have your own HDD (as I do) when you put it back in you have to format it and then restore all the content as the HDD is coded to your old PS3 until you format it with your new one.

Still, I do like the big shiny black thing, I just wish handling its replacement was a lot easier.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Fuck Sony and Microsoft. The only brand I would actually trust for quality and longevity is Nintendo. If you want to fix your PS3's and 360's go to Play N Trade and you can get it back within a week.

I think the US model 60GB PS3s are the most prone to overheating, as they have both the PS2 CPU and GPU within the casing.

Later models without PS2 hardware AFAIK have cheaper Blu-Ray drives, I think those are more prone to such related failures.

I always thought it was daring for Sony to allow PS3s to fold 24/7, I would never make use of this option myself (I certainly turn off the console at night). It does however show they think/thought their hardware was relatively very resistant to overheating issues.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Reasonable said:
yo_john117 said:
Xxain said:
Pristine20 said:
yo_john117 said:

I asked when my first PS3 broke.  They said it was to ensure no chance of your photos, etc. ending up somewhere else, etc.  Nonsense.  They do it so they can turn up, take your PS3, hand you one with a blank drive, take yours, fix it, wipe the drive and them deliver that to someone else when their's breaks.

The best thing is when you phone up to indicate your PS3 isn't booting up they advise you to back up everything before the swap as you can't get your HDD back.  Priceless advice.

Then, just to make it funnier, if you have your own HDD (as I do) when you put it back in you have to format it and then restore all the content as the HDD is coded to your old PS3 until you format it with your new one.

Still, I do like the big shiny black thing, I just wish handling its replacement was a lot easier.

Thank you very much for that. This is what the lady I talked to first told me. If my ps3 had power problems how the hell can I back up data? I talked to the Play N trade guys, hopefully they can fix this.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Eh, how are you treating it? well ventialted I hope?