By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSP GO is a MISTAKE! (have SONY not learnt anything)!!

darthdevidem01 said:
@rainbird

system seller games.....how many from those are system sellers (ones that were announced)?

+ you can play ALL those games on PSP 3000

my argument is against PSP GO!, not PSP 3000.....

That is one weird argument... There is not enough difference between the 3000 and Go! for one game to be a system seller of one, but not the other.

Around the Network
Rainbird said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@rainbird

system seller games.....how many from those are system sellers (ones that were announced)?

That is one weird argument... There is not enough difference between the 3000 and Go! for one game to be a system seller of one, but not the other.

1. PSP 3000 is cheaper

2. Has larger screen

3. Has a UMD drive + option of gettign a big memory stick

____

I feel PSP GO! is a waste & there's no point in releasing it, now if those games were exclusive to it....that would be different.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

You couldn't more wrong on the space of games. I know from certain resources that many PSP games are less than 500MB!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

darthdevidem01 said:
Rainbird said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@rainbird

1. PSP 3000 is cheaper

2. Has larger screen

3. Has a UMD drive + option of gettign a big memory stick

____

I feel PSP GO! is a waste & there's no point in releasing it, now if those games were exclusive to it....that would be different.

Except that would screw over almost the entire PSP install base, and those who want the features of the PSP Go! are likely to get one I think. Points #2+#3 can also be seen as negatives for the 3000, seeing as the Go! is so much more portable. That's one of the things I really like about the Go!, I don't have to go out and invest in storage, and I can fit it in a pocket much easier than a 3000.

And while the 3000 is certainly cheaper, it's not like the Go! gives you nothing for your money.

@rainbird

I doubt the existing userbase will get a PSP GO! save for a few hardcore people.

you can't play your UMD's in it, & having to switch between PSP 3000 & PSP GO! for certain games is ridiculous

@outlawauoron

I wasn't aware of that, but there is an eventual limit.

Around the Network

If Sony is setting the price at $250 for a handheld then dont hold your breath for a $299 PS3, wouldnt make much sense

Gamers are already getting out of the physical shtick. I only want/need physical medium for specific games. which is not most games. Most of the time I don't want to haul around 16 UMD discs. Hell when it comes to physical, if I really want it, ill just buy a specific memory card for the game and slap on a sticker.

UMD was a bad idea then its a bad idea to keep the PSP limited to it now. Its still all digital bits anyway. Once you get out of that physical mindset there is absolutely no difference between a game on your memory stick or HDD and the game on a UMD or cart.

EDIT: BTW I just downloaded FFVII for my PSP and am loving it.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

the psp go looks an expensive peice of kit.

how much should they sell it for 99p?

its £229 in the uk, and im getting the go version upon gt psp release.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

@draven26

PS3 YOY sales down is worse than being close to PSP in terms of price

SONY better not "not" drop PS3's price because of the PSP GO!

We know which one of them deserves more success...

Sony explained the position for PSP Go in this interview with Gamasutra

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=23918

So the PSP Go is Sony's answer to the continuing increases it sees ahead for digital content demand, but early game consumer reaction has suggested that its $250 price point may be prohibitive.

But Koller says Sony sees it as a "two-model strategy," wherein the PSP Go is the "premium-end" product to the PSP-3000's lower-end.

"From a target perspective the 3000 targets, and has been targeting, a lower income teen consumer... much more urban," says Koller. The demographics of the product are "very ethnic" ; 40 percent of PSP owners are Hispanic, for example.

"It's a different kind of [audience] than you usually see in portable [consumer electronics," says Koller. "It's much different than Apple's or Nintendo's products.

He describes the Go's demographic as someone in the 25-35 age range, "tech adopter, higher income... a little more digitally savvy." As with the earlier PSP models, colored hardware will be part of the strategy to attract this hardcore adopter demographic, although Sony's starting with just black and white hardware.

"The Go... appeals to who we launched the PSP-1000 at $249," says Koller.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.