By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSP GO is a MISTAKE! (have SONY not learnt anything)!!

It will be way more than 10 games. Very few games are above 1.3GB, Patapon 2 is only 300mb, while Resistance R is about 1.3gb. You can also get extra space through memory stick micro, for £20 you can get an 8GB stick

MGS PW is a proper MGS game, as opposed to PO, it is directed by Kojima, made my the main MGS 4 team, and it is a proper sequel to MGS 3. It will be a reason to get a PSP

Loads of teenagers have iPhones, how do they pay for stuff on that? Anyway, chances are Sony will add PSN cards soon, they would be mad not too.

Most people know that the PSP is slightly too large to fit into a pocket, and making it even smaller and lighter is a great plus. And the added bonus of not having to bring all those UMDs with you makes things a lot easier, and the extra battery life will be good. From Sony's perspective it will also boost the profits that they make on each on PSP, and more importantly, for games like Gran Turismo and MS Arctic Edge, they get 2x the revenue on all downloaded games as gamestop do not get their cut

Around the Network

@Munkeh111

but the price

If PS3 goes to $299 the fact that it will be so close to PSP GO!'s price is hilarious!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

OP
Did you stop to remember that this is more than just a gaming device? This thing has so many features that it might make Cellphones obsolete.

C_Hollomon said:
PSP sold over 50 million. That is success to me and the PSP Go will add on more to it.

I say the Natal is a way more bigger mistake by MS to me.

Nice stealth troll, but what the hell do MS and Natal have to do with PSP pricing?

On topic: I too think the high price is a mistake.  I've been thinking about getting a PSP for some time now, but I'm waiting for the price to drop not go up.  Bad move Sony.

@hatmoza

yeah its not a phone + doing everything (multimedia) doesn't mean sales.......if anything this generations proven that.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@mrstickball

well their PS3 direction for me negates all the PSP mistakes done with GO!

Doesn't change the fact that, thus far, the PS3 has been a financial disaster.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I'm not fond of them switching from Memorystick Duo to Memorystick Micro(yet another memory format I have to invest in). There's not enough incentive for me to dump my PSP-1000 at the moment. IF the screen is OLED, I might reconsider. Would've been nice if they included a camera like DSi or iPhone.

darthdevidem01 said:

I think the PSP GO! is a big mistake.

SONY don't seem to have learnt from their past experience in my opinion....

Mistakes:

#1. $250........remember E3 2006 & $599.....the price that turned this generation on its head. Well who the hell do they think is going buy a PSP GO! (which mind you I feel is a downgrade) for $250.

#2. DD Only.......right the i-phone worked due to apple's great experience with software that is DD & so on. SONY do not have such an experience & they are not as good as apple in the field. 16GB.....how many games will fit into that? 10 at maximum right? My UMD case at home can store 30 games in it!

#3. Games.........MGS:PW.....well I'm sure its going to be enjoyable, but its not really a system seller, surely people who loved MGS got a PSP for MGS:PO & MGS:Ac!d

#4. Consumer Base......SONY said they did research, but who did they ask. PSP's BIG gaming group is among the teens, the teens (14 - 18), many of them think DS is Kiddy.....how are they going justify PSP GO! when they have no credit cards (PSN cards better be coming).

On the other hand the good things SONY did:

#1. GT:Portable......that will kick start momentum.....but I would just buy a PSP 3000 & GTP on that.....why would I buy a PSP GO! for GT:P

They don't know who they are selling PSP GO! to, it will not be a success at all imo. People aren't ready for a DD only gaming system.

I see it bombing in sales.......<5 Million LTD for the console

Add in your own points or refute my points...atleast give a good explanation........I just see the PSP GO! being a waste of R & D budget! & OFCOURSE give your SALES predictions now that you see the shortcomings

EDIT: one last thing

SONY said it was for the "High end user".....jeez SONY, you tried to make PS3 for the high end user in 2007.....where did that get you.....CHANGE PLEASE!

1. They got to make some money some how and this is good way to do it, I'm sure it's cheap for them to make so they'll likely be making a good bit of money off of it. Good for Sony, I say. And cmon it's only $250, thats like buying a Wii.

2. They're just trying something new because soon enough everything is going to be DD, so they might as well get ahead of the competition with that just to see how well it adapts to the consumers. And 16 GB is plenty, the average consumer isn't going to have more then 10 PSP games no way in hell, this is a PSP remember (piracy), and even if they did you can add even more memory to the PSP Go.

3. I don't understand this because theres going to be no difference between games on the PSP 3000 and PSP Go, most games will be on both, especially the important ones. Sony said there going to support both systems.

4. Obviously they want to expand there audience, the PSP 3000 can take care of the teens and the PSP Go can be for the older people. Smart move by Sony IMO.

The PSP Go is an upgraded PSP 3000, it's not a PSP2 (which a lot of people seem to think).

mrstickball said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@mrstickball

well their PS3 direction for me negates all the PSP mistakes done with GO!

Doesn't change the fact that, thus far, the PS3 has been a financial disaster.

ofcourse it doesn't, but its been a gamers paradise & SONY;s 1st party support for it has been astonishing.

$249/249EUR is too high, of course. But the portability and weight factor is a welcome step forwards. I'm never anywhere without my PSP Slim -- got all my music, podcasts and a selection of videos on it -- but it would be nice if it was just a little thinner and lighter. Supposedly the screen is also slightly better -- that I could use, because it is difficult to watch the Slim in daylight (e.g. on the bus). And the Go design also solves one of the lingering issues of the Slim -- you have to keep the hold button on, otherwise a random button press stops your music. Which is fine, but then you can't change the volume, which is a pain.

Get the price down to $199 and I'm sold.