By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - I totally love the new VGChartz website.

tuoyo said:
Kantor said:
tuoyo said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
tuoyo said:
yo_john117 said:
You guys do realize that they aren't done with the website. Their are plenty of bugs that they are goina be ironing out in the next couple of days...expect improvements and just be patient.

I personally love the interface....the black background i like alot, it really looks cool.

I don't know why so many people hate change

Yes but the thing people hate the most is this black background and ioi has already said it is here to say.  If I say I hate it I would be understating things.  Hate is not strong enough to describe what I think of this background.  Also I just discovered how terrible it is.  Even more terrible than I thought it was.  Do you know how I discovered?  I quoted for the first time since the new VGChartz.  Guess what happens?  I can't even read your post.   White text on grey background.  What a smart idea. 

Uhh, I can see not liking the new colors, but how can you possibly not be able to read the text in quoteboxes... ?

Because it is white on a grey background?  You aren't suggesting that is a tenth as easy to read as black on a white background?

What? You can't read the quote boxes?

Here, let me give you a picture of what they look like for me:

Either you have horrible eyesight, or your computer has something like a 1.1:1 contrast ratio. The grey is almost black.

Okay if the picture you posted is accurate then we are seeing absolutely different things.  Mine is the lightest shade of grey possible.  So I have a light background with white text on it.

My pic looks just like the one he posted, which is why I was so surprised that you were all upset.

Around the Network
tuoyo said:

Okay if the picture you posted is accurate then we are seeing absolutely different things.  Mine is the lightest shade of grey possible.  So I have a light background with white text on it.

Take a screenshot of your screen (Alt+PrintScreen, might need to hold fn if you are on a laptop), crop it, and show us what you are seeing.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

tuoyo said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
tuoyo said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
tuoyo said:
yo_john117 said:
You guys do realize that they aren't done with the website. Their are plenty of bugs that they are goina be ironing out in the next couple of days...expect improvements and just be patient.

I personally love the interface....the black background i like alot, it really looks cool.

I don't know why so many people hate change

Yes but the thing people hate the most is this black background and ioi has already said it is here to say.  If I say I hate it I would be understating things.  Hate is not strong enough to describe what I think of this background.  Also I just discovered how terrible it is.  Even more terrible than I thought it was.  Do you know how I discovered?  I quoted for the first time since the new VGChartz.  Guess what happens?  I can't even read your post.   White text on grey background.  What a smart idea. 

Uhh, I can see not liking the new colors, but how can you possibly not be able to read the text in quoteboxes... ?

Because it is white on a grey background?  You aren't suggesting that is a tenth as easy to read as black on a white background?

We must have vastly different color settings or something, because the background, on my monitor, isn't even close to being light. It's a pretty dark shade of grey.

I think there is a reason paper is white and ink is black and not that paper is black and ink is white or paper is light grey and ink is white.  It's cause one is super super easy to read while the other two are not.  Has nothing to do with color settings.  I'm sure we have the exact same setting.

Ahhh, actually on a computer screen reading is easier on the eyes with white on black. There is less light assaulting your optic nerves so less valuless information for your brain to process. The end result is that you get less eyestrain for the same amount of reading. +1 to the redesign team for the colour change: they (by accident or design) made a change that is consistent with scientific research on how to improve readability on computer screens.

Change always takes getting used to. I don't hate the new look, I do think it has a derivative look to it in that I immediately thought "Gamespot", as have others. This isn't a bad thing though.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Black is better for the environment than white.

So much hate for 2.0?

Around the Network

The overall design is way better. Especialy the new features.
The only things I can complain about is that the site's a little too wide and the black color scheme makes the site seem less friendly.
(>'.')>

has the thread title changed?

I preferred the white theme aswell. This makes me tired looking on it. But I will get used to it =p.

RedWiizard said:
My laptop just overheated and crashed because of VGChartz using to much resources!!!

And I'm glad I'm not the only one the prefer the older version.

I'm usualy not a hater and I have to admit it displays better than the older on Firefox linux (the older one had some display issues on my ubuntu) but they really need to do something so it doesn't use too much cpu. And please make the white background available.

With VGC 1.0 I had problem too with FF on kubuntu, solved installing the packet "msttcorefonts".

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I got used to it surprisingly fast :| TBH even tough its mostly an aesthetical change it got, I like it more. The white one looked way to simple :|

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!