By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ever wonder if there's something wrong with you and your tastes in gaming?

There were times (especially when I was a kid) where I'd get a highly rated game, and force myself to believe I was having fun. At the same time, I'd buy a game, love it, read the review, and find my beloved game rated 6/10. Now, I just buy what I like. I just use reviews as a guideline. Scores mean nothing.

Around the Network
Xxain said:
I hate FPS

There is no FPS anymore, they are all TPS.

TPS = Third Person Shooter.

Duh!

There is no taste that is wrong when it comes to video games.

YOU...   WILL...   LEARN...   DISCIPLINE!

PlayStation 3 is soon to make you her bitch

To be honest... nope, never.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Barely. Some times I wonder if I did anything wrong, since I don't always get why people see greatness in some things. I'm playing through ICO right now, and it's certainly not a bad game, but the controls are a mess, and they are annoying the crap out of me, and completely dominating my feelings about the game.

I felt the same about MGS 2 and 3. They weren't bad games, but the controls were driving me nuts!

But in the end, it just means I either a) have higher standards than so many others, or b) am more sensitive to bad controls and frustration.

But in general, I don't really care what other people think about a game. I think Mirror's Edge is a great game, despite all its flaws, and I love MGS4. On the other hand, I have never liked GTA games, and I'm not a big fan of open world games, but I love the inFamous demo, and I really liked the world of Assassin's Creed.

Often same here to :P I loved games like Crusaders of Might and Magic, Crash tag team Racing, Jinx ( N-gage) games that got mediocre reviews but I still loved them to death :P

Then there are games like Halo, Final Fantasy or Okami that I think that are OK, and even like some aspects of the game, but I dont get all the hype around them :|

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

Sometimes, the style and gameplay just works for me, sometimes not. My taste is my taste, and it has no flaws.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Words Of Wisdom said:
Nope, I've never wondered that.

I play games that make me happy and I have fun with and that's all there is to it.

Well said!

Though, sometimes I like to tell other people that my tastes in gaming are supreme and can't be questioned. Everyone should play the games I like! ^^

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Everything Bethesda touches, but especially Fallout 3.

Really, i've just never been a fan of all of these "epic" games of this generation. All this talk of realistic, story-driven games with online play and all kinds of awesome replay value, AI, destructible environments. All the buzzwords.

You do wonder about it, but in the end its just about what you enjoy.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

we all have different tastes, just because the games you like dont have good reveiws doesnt mean there is something wrong with your taste in video games. i for one dont like Resident Evil 5 or the Halo series either. its all about what you like, not what others like.

coolestguyever said:
Well anybody that likes ICO should ask themselves that question.

I don't have a problem. I, like most North Americans, like FPS, Racing games, and sports games. Its the people obsessed with JRPG's that are different unless they're from Japan.

I believe that should read: "like most North Americans who are males 18-25" If you want I can pull up the numbers but believe me North Americans this gen are actually buying things other than FPS, Racing, and Sports games (mainly because there are more diverse people playing games this gen as compared to last gen)

PS. Ironically FPS, Racing and especially Sports Games are my least favorite genres (FPS has a gem every once in a while but to me its the same thing as doom over and over again)

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.