By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ever wonder if there's something wrong with you and your tastes in gaming?

Words Of Wisdom said:
Nope, I've never wondered that.

I play games that make me happy and I have fun with and that's all there is to it.

That's the problem.  I buy these games or play the demos expecting they'll make me very happy only to be let down.  I still feel that little knot in my stomach remembering when I played GTA 4 for the first time and realized I was going to have to force myself to finish it.  Same thing with MGS 4.  I kept thinking, "Dammit!  Another cutscene?"  (looks at watch) "Shut up and let me play the damn game!"

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
Because some people rate raw shellfish very highly, and yet most people wouldn't touch the stuff and yet that group of 'some people' happen to be food critics.

that's what happend with GTAIV

Well I like to go off of a few things. Nobody should be told their likes and dislikes are wrong. But no single person should be allowed to set the standard of what those likes or dislikes are. However, there should be a voice of one to overthrow those that are wrong but considered right.

Essentially it means everyone has their own opinion but minority and majority opinions shouldn't mean shit.

dougsdad0629 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

I play games that make me happy and I have fun with and that's all there is to it.

That's the problem.  I buy these games or play the demos expecting they'll make me very happy only to be let down.  I still feel that little knot in my stomach remembering when I played GTA 4 for the first time and realized I was going to have to force myself to finish it.  Same thing with MGS 4.  I kept thinking, "Dammit!  Another cutscene?"  (looks at watch) "Shut up and let me play the damn game!"

Lower your expectations a bit. 

It's rather hard to get me hyped for a game.  I don't do it very often actually.  The few games that I've been hyped over so far have been pretty amazing though so I'm completely satisfied.

Katilian said:
I'm not wrong, everyone else is.

What's right is not always popular and what's popular is not always right.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

Around the Network

Nope if someone doesn't like mine they can just deal with it..

Former something....

I'm kinda in the same boat.

I absolutely hate sandbox games. Infamous reminded of it.

I don't like Tom Clancy games either. R6V2 is the closest I've come to enjoying them.

I don't get why Halo is praised as highly as it is. Same goes for Fallout 3. I hated Fallout 3.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Words Of Wisdom said:

SW-5120-1900-6153

Same Here...
I never really enjoyed Shadow of the Colossus to the extent that many of u did. I dont get Why ppl loved the game

Nope. I think I'm within the norm.

4 ≈ One