By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ever wonder if there's something wrong with you and your tastes in gaming?

Because some people rate raw shellfish very highly, and yet most people wouldn't touch the stuff and yet that group of 'some people' happen to be food critics.

Tease.

Around the Network

Nope, I've never wondered that.

I play games that make me happy and I have fun with and that's all there is to it.

Squilliam said:
Because some people rate raw shellfish very highly, and yet most people wouldn't touch the stuff and yet that group of 'some people' happen to be food critics.

can you translate and relate it to the article plz?

I'm not wrong, everyone else is.

its a thing of tastes, i for example hate FFIV, yet people call it one of the best games ever, guess my taste is way of compared to the general public.

Around the Network
Xxain said:
Squilliam said:

Critics can sometimes have wierd tastes as a group that the general public barely share. I.E they rave on about say raw Bluff Oysters from New Zealand and yet most people would probably see eating them as like being on Fear Factor. Just because critics like something, doesn't make it something everyone else will like.

Tease.

dougsdad0629 said:

Maybe I shouldn't let this bother me.  Nobody should be told what games to like or dislike.

Hey, looks like you already found the answer!

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I wonder why I keep buying driving games, when I never get around to playing the ones I own. Not sure what is up with that. I figure they would provide great replay value. This is silly on my end, because in order to REPLAY something, you have to PLAY it.

Other than that, I know I have off-beat tastes in games. I liked Earth Defense Force 2017. That should say a lot. And great, I need to add YET ANOTHER game to my pathetic collection on here.

Like I said in one of my examples, I absolutely LOVE Medal of Honor Airborne and I find it to be criminally underrated. I love Call of Duty as well, but actually prefer MoH in some ways. Another of my examples, what the appeal of Smash Brothers is completely escapes me.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

Squilliam said:
Xxain said:
Squilliam said:

Critics can sometimes have wierd tastes as a group that the general public barely share. I.E they rave on about say raw Bluff Oysters from New Zealand and yet most people would probably see eating them as like being on Fear Factor. Just because critics like something, doesn't make it something everyone else will like.

wow very nice, you arnt just a no good for nothin troll