By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - This sucks (InFamous related)

http://www.shopto.net/PS3/GAMES/PS3IN02-inFamous.html

Around the Network

Europe/Others is their best market and Sony treats them like this?

Good luck with that.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

theprof00 said:
ummm...
Sooo, you can still import can't you? Why are you an englishman in a foreign country complaining about the language?

Wait, you think everyone wants to hear voices in games, in their own language? I'm asking because I'm not sure I'm reading your post correctly

Anyway, yes, you can import, but how many people will know that? I saw a review for Resistance 2 once, which were annoyed by the danish voice acting, and how you couldn't switch to english. They could of course have switched their PS3 to english, but when a reviewer doesn't know something like that, how many of your average consumer do you think will think of importing, and not just be dissappointed and angry that they can't switch to the original voices?

why should anyone in france germany spain be angry that the game isn't in english? Do you even know what the english speaking rates in those countries are?

They're quite low.

with all that disc space you think they could fit in more languages guess they need the 100 giger

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network
Rainbird said:
theprof00 said:
ummm...
Sooo, you can still import can't you? Why are you an englishman in a foreign country complaining about the language?

Wait, you think everyone wants to hear voices in games, in their own language? I'm asking because I'm not sure I'm reading your post correctly

Anyway, yes, you can import, but how many people will know that? I saw a review for Resistance 2 once, which were annoyed by the danish voice acting, and how you couldn't switch to english. They could of course have switched their PS3 to english, but when a reviewer doesn't know something like that, how many of your average consumer do you think will think of importing, and not just be dissappointed and angry that they can't switch to the original voices?

Now, maybe I misread...  But if the other language tracks aren't ON the InFamous disc, this won't work.

Believing in the PLAYSTATION®3......IS.......S_A_C_R_I_L_E_G_E

^^
still in every place other than US , we want the original voices because original voices are the ... well the original ones.

TheSteve said:
Rainbird said:
theprof00 said:
ummm...

Now, maybe I misread...  But if the other language tracks aren't ON the InFamous disc, this won't work.

I think you misread. My point is, that if a professional reviewer doesn't know that switching their PS3 to english to get the english voices in one game, how on earth will the average consumer think of importing the game from another country to get the voices they want.

ahhh i see. It's kinda like how I can't watch anime in any language other than Japanese.... Although, i do speak quite a bit of japanese too, so maybe that's a moot point.

Still, I can understand why you would prefer english with subtitles.

Rainbird said:
TheSteve said:
Rainbird said:
theprof00 said:
ummm...

I think you misread. My point is, that if a professional reviewer doesn't know that switching their PS3 to english to get the english voices in one game, how on earth will the average consumer think of importing the game from another country to get the voices they want.

Gotcha, gotcha...  You were making a different (and very valid) point.

And, yeah, I gotta think that, much like anime or imported cinema, the original voices or subtitles are truer to the source than dubs and closer to the intended performance.  I prefer to watch movies and anime in the original language with subtitles than to watch the dub.  The voices tend to be a poor fit, and since they change dialouge to match mouth movement (to cut back on the jarring nature of debbed films), the translation is innacurate.

Believing in the PLAYSTATION®3......IS.......S_A_C_R_I_L_E_G_E