By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - This sucks (InFamous related)

Sucker Punch has apparently confirmed on its forum that the French, Italian, German, Spanish and Dutch versions of inFamous will feature no English language option.

The English version will only have Portuguese and Russian language settings.

This is unlikely to go down well, as you can see from the responses to the mod post, especially with the Dutch. English is spoken very widely in the Netherlands, a factor the drives a highly buoyant games market in the nation.

The decision to split out languages in this way was made after a Sony request, according to that note.

Asking SCEE for comment on this now. The game’s out at the end of May.

Thanks, TheDutchSlayer

So if I buy the game, I am forced to play it in Dutch or a language I barely understand? Boo, Sony, boo!

Around the Network

Oh wow, that's terrible :x You should get to play it in english if you want to...

EDIT: Huh, it was decided to be that way because of Sony request... ? Why on earth would they request something like that? O.o

you could always import

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-inFamous-PS3/dp/B00260GS1M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1242729224&sr=8-1

TheThunder said:
you could always import

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-inFamous-PS3/dp/B00260GS1M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1242729224&sr=8-1

That's a good price.

Wow... That has got to be the one of the shittiest ideas Sony has ever had...

If I lived in any of those countries, I would import the game from another EU country.

Around the Network

Import it, baby. Met de lage pond valt er wel een goede deal te behalen. I live in belgium (dutch part) and i can't think of anyone who would ask for a dutch version.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Well Spain and France only speak their native language so i belive this wont affect them at all. So this applies to Italy, Germany and Netherlands. And as for them, im not sure this works, but i got a French pre-demo version, and i just changed my console language settings to English (previously Swedish), and voila.

Does this mean UK version will not have Spanish language? I am not gonna pay 70€ for Infamous then, i did for KZ2 but....

Silly move, especially when they can fit it on a BD.

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

A bad decision, can't say much else.

And like MAFKKA, I hear we got a French demo in Finland too (and French isn't spoken here, mind you); luckily I've been using the system in English, just to get the original language, not some poor dub (or subtitles for that matter, although English voice and Finnish subtitles isn't too bad - still, I'm used to games being in English, including subs, and that's what I like).