By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - This sucks (InFamous related)

@ Zuhyc: Patch is coming ;)

Around the Network
MAFKKA said:
Well Spain and France only speak their native language so i belive this wont affect them at all. So this applies to Italy, Germany and Netherlands. And as for them, im not sure this works, but i got a French pre-demo version, and i just changed my console language settings to English (previously Swedish), and voila.

That only works if the English version is on the disc, the power of the Cell can't translate text and voice on the fly.  The demo you have was likely made before this decision came through the pipeline.

And this is a pretty odd move by Sony:

1. It doesn't seem like every territory has the same number of languages so it isn't a space thing
  2. You would think every, or at least most European ones, would have English
  3. Why is NA getting Russian?  Is there a huge Russian gamer sect I don't know about?

twesterm said:
MAFKKA said:
Well Spain and France only speak their native language so i belive this wont affect them at all. So this applies to Italy, Germany and Netherlands. And as for them, im not sure this works, but i got a French pre-demo version, and i just changed my console language settings to English (previously Swedish), and voila.

That only works if the English version is on the disc, the power of the Cell can't translate text and voice on the fly.  The demo you have was likely made before this decision came through the pipeline.

And this is a pretty odd move by Sony:

1. It doesn't seem like every territory has the same number of languages so it isn't a space thing
  2. You would think every, or at least most European ones, would have English
  3. Why is NA getting Russian?  Is there a huge Russian gamer sect I don't know about?

that's probably SCEE versions for UK, Portugal and Russia. SCEA are likely to release an English version and a Eng/Fr version here in Canada which I will take out the French manual and throw it in the trash as usual

Zuhyc said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
Zuhyc said:

Sucker Punch has apparently confirmed on its forum that the French, Italian, German, Spanish and Dutch versions of inFamous will feature no English language option.

The English version will only have Portuguese and Russian language settings.

This is unlikely to go down well, as you can see from the responses to the mod post, especially with the Dutch. English is spoken very widely in the Netherlands, a factor the drives a highly buoyant games market in the nation.

The decision to split out languages in this way was made after a Sony request, according to that note.

Asking SCEE for comment on this now. The game’s out at the end of May.

Thanks, TheDutchSlayer

So if I buy the game, I am forced to play it in Dutch or a language I barely understand? Boo, Sony, boo!

I don't get it...What language do you understand?

Dutch (native) and English. I've always played my games in English (except soem when I was a kid), suddenly being forced to play games in Dutch is not what I'm looking for.

LOL....So....Why not buy the English version..Or the Brittish one?

What I dont understand is that all my other Sony games have 7-8 languages on the disc why are they doing this with Infamous?

Around the Network

sony handicapping its games like this is starting to get tiring.

ALthough, they must have a good reason for it. They could have easily just pushed it back 1 week or 2 in europe as they are used to getting delayed releases anyways.

1. I'm glad i live in denmark where we don't dub stuff.

2. I've already preordered the special edition from england :p almost half price due to the low pound vs the danish kr.

Check out my game about moles ^

Boycott Sony! Serious now the Belgians have to listen to the Hollandish version a huge reason not to get the game!

Wow that sucks big time.

I thought they'd already announced patch to add English due to obvious demand?

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...