By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - This sucks (InFamous related)

theprof00 said:
why should anyone in france germany spain be angry that the game isn't in english? Do you even know what the english speaking rates in those countries are?

They're quite low.

Well, the audience for most PS3 games (this is just a theory though) has probably played other games in english, and some of those people might appriciate having the choice between different versions. I know I hate dubs, for both videogames and movies, and much prefer the originals. Both because the quality is usually better, but also helps immersion. Since inFamous takes place in the USA, I would expect the voices to be mainly english. If I had to listen to a danish voice over, it would really break the immersion for me.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:

ahhh i see. It's kinda like how I can't watch anime in any language other than Japanese.... Although, i do speak quite a bit of japanese too, so maybe that's a moot point.

Still, I can understand why you would prefer english with subtitles.

Exactly

And just in case we had to argue further, I prepared an example which I can't help but post anyway

BEHOLD! 300! In german!

It makes my ears bleed... xP

Luckily he PS3 is region free.

Das ist Sparta xD

I hope you understand what we mean now.

oh no im buying yhe US version and i was hoping to play it in spanish so my wife could enjoy the story but now it wont happen :/

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Around the Network
Demoki said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
TheThunder said:
you could always import

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-inFamous-PS3/dp/B00260GS1M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1242729224&sr=8-1

That's a good price.

lol you think £40 is a good price for a game? how much do you normally get charged?

Most games here in uk you can get £30-35 as soon as they come out if you check around.

Gears of War 2 - £29 day of release, Street Fighter 4 - £27 day of release, Fable 2 -£29 day of release

At the local retailer (the cheapest I know I might add) the game costs 649:- ... Which, in your currency, is £53,35. So yes, I do think it's a good price. We get the short end of the stick, as usual.

Wow. a terrible decision by Sony.

Looks like i'm importing it from the UK (I actually did that most of the times already)

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

OMG!!! ill be able to play my english vertion in Russian!? thats awesome man!

radha said:
oh no im buying yhe US version and i was hoping to play it in spanish so my wife could enjoy the story but now it wont happen :/

Don't be so sure. This is Sony Europe, not Sony America, so you could still get to play it in spanish.

Wow... I hope we'll get a French/English one in Canada (since it's a bilingual country). If I have to play through the game in French, I will be extremely pissed.