By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will the PS2 outlive the Xbox 360 in Japan?

It seems like the PS2 is still going strong in Japan after 9 years of being out on the market. Most of 2008 the PS2 has outsold the X360, but for pretty well all of 2009 the X360 has outsold the PS2 because a few big releases. There doesn't seem to be anything big that well be released for the X360 in the future and the PS2 seems to be consistently selling 6K a week. And actually according to Famitsu the PS2 has outsold the X360 for last week.

So do you think the X360 will die in Japan before the PS2?

Around the Network

Probably, PS2 is in a slow decline though, Microsoft have shown the can reinvigorate sales, but the drops after happen faster than PS2's gradual drop.

Most likely

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

360 is outselling this year so far but I guess anything is possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Highly possible.

Its amazing that the PS2 can still compete with current gen consoles.

Around the Network

It would be funny to see however it would not be good for progression as CGI said.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

i highly doubt it. microsoft will continue to push it till the day that the xbox 720 comes out.

The Xbox 360 still has to beat the PlayStation 2. The PlayStation 2 has so far sold 136 million consoles, the Xbox 360 has so far sold 30 million consoles. The Xbox 360 isn't chasing the PlayStation 3, it's chasing the PlayStation 2.

YOU...   WILL...   LEARN...   DISCIPLINE!

PlayStation 3 is soon to make you her bitch

2funky4u said:
The Xbox 360 still has to beat the PlayStation 2. The PlayStation 2 has so far sold 136 million consoles, the Xbox 360 has so far sold 30 million consoles. The Xbox 360 isn't chasing the PlayStation 3, it's chasing the PlayStation 2.

You are in the wrong thread... i think.

its likely to happen
be pretty funny too lol