By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will the PS2 outlive the Xbox 360 in Japan?

It very well might not, but who really cares? Eventually, the video game world is going to wake up and realize that Japan is not really that huge of a deal at this point. Yes, there are a ton of top-tier Japanese developers, but if Microsoft has proven anything, it's that this whole, "As it goes it Japan, so it goes worldwide" idea is nonsense. Japan is a tiny market relatively speaking, and their consumer habits are fairly divorced from the US and Europe, so even if the PS2 does continue to outsell the 360 in Japan, it really proves nothing besides that the Japanese market is an anomaly.

Around the Network

I hate this fucking site, it sais that I'm male and I'm not.

Burn in hell, VGchartz!

YOU...   WILL...   LEARN...   DISCIPLINE!

PlayStation 3 is soon to make you her bitch

I am sorry to derail this thread but it is fanboys like 2funky4u that turned me into that monster that you people on vg chartz saw for the first few weeks

The Xbox Man said:
I feel if it does it will be an insult to microsoft

Its ashame despite the best platform foe JRPG's, the xbox 360 fails to lure gamers in Japan, a real shame.

It wouldn't be that big of an insult, I mean it IS the PS2.

@deadt0m, You do realize that Japan is the second biggest video game market in the world, it is a very important region.

Gilgamesh said:
The Xbox Man said:

Its ashame despite the best platform foe JRPG's, the xbox 360 fails to lure gamers in Japan, a real shame.

@deadt0m, You do realize that Japan is the second biggest video game market in the world, it is a very important region.

I didn't say it wasn't an important region, all I said is that the "conventional wisdom" that Japan is where world market trends originate has been pretty emphatically proven false.  Certainly it's an important market, my point was simply that survival or failure in Japan is not the same thing as survival or failure in general.

Around the Network
deadt0m said:
Gilgamesh said:
The Xbox Man said:

I didn't say it wasn't an important region, all I said is that the "conventional wisdom" that Japan is where world market trends originate has been pretty emphatically proven false.  Certainly it's an important market, my point was simply that survival or failure in Japan is not the same thing as survival or failure in general.

deadt0m said:
Gilgamesh said:
The Xbox Man said:

^Something screw up on my last post

Anyway, yeh obviously a console is not doomed because they failed in just one region (even if it is the second biggest region), but it's always nice to have them on your side.

How embarrasing will it be for Microsoft if a '6th gen' console that launched in the year 2000 outlives their 7th gen console? The answer? Very.

I sure hope so!

Killzowned said:
How embarrasing will it be for Microsoft if a '6th gen' console that launched in the year 2000 outlives their 7th gen console? The answer? Very.

You are a sad, sad fanboy.  Every time you post, I am embarassed for you.