By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Did Anybody Else Notice Grand Theft Auto 4 Has Sold More On The 360?

Wow that means that the 360 version is a lot better, thank god.

XD

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:
snyperdud said:
More consoles = More sales.

Odd.

Street Fighter 4 has sold more on the PS3 than 360.  Resident Evil 5 sold more on the PS3 than the 360.  Tomb Raider: Underworld sold more on the PS3. 

There are titles that are exceptions to this.  Microsoft paid 50 million dollars to rockstar and cut the price of the 360 to 200$ to make sure the 360 was the system of choice for GTA, right down to the DLC.

yeah... it doesn't look so amazing like that.

Legend11 said:

t's pretty amazing to see the PS2's biggest franchise selling more on another console. It would be like the Halo franchise or Nintendo's first party games selling more on another system. What does this mean for the Playstation brand remains to be seen but it really does show just how far (down) the Playstation brand has come.

Oh I forgot to post the numbers...

Xbox 360 - 7.01 Million
PS3 - 5.58 Million

Also considering the 360 version has better legs than the PS3 version look for that gap to grow even more in the coming years. What's sad is the denial I'm seeing from some PS3 fanboys who seem to think Rockstar might make GTA V a PS3 exclusive and pour even more money into it to fill up teh Blu-Ray. I don't know about you but I really can't see Rockstar doing that...

Well the 360 gamers do buy more games than PS3 owners.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
snyperdud said:

Odd.

I think the game sales have proven time and again that raw userbase number is less important than userbase preference and relative competition. That's how the PS3's exclusives can almost keep up with their PS2 counterparts from last gen, despite the 100 million userbase difference. That is also why Chinatown Wars didn't meet expectations. People thought raw userbase meant something, when in reality it is one of the least important factors, imho.

I....agree with you?

--OkeyDokey-- said:
CMoney said:
this just proves the xbox 360 is stealing ps2 gamers. Also, look at resident evil 5 (previously playstation exclusive) sales - xbox outsold it more than 2-1

Might wanna get your eyes checked...

Check them twice. Not only was RE5 NEVER PS3 exclusive, but the 360 hasn't outsold it 2-1...the 360 is at 1.7M and the PS3 is at 1.9M

Slap yourself

Around the Network

Duhhhhh.

Given 360 user base is double in NA.

Though how you explain PS3 version selling +400k more in Europe given its smaller user base.

Jo21 said:
richardhutnik said:
snyperdud said:

Odd.

Street Fighter 4 has sold more on the PS3 than 360.  Resident Evil 5 sold more on the PS3 than the 360.  Tomb Raider: Underworld sold more on the PS3. 

There are titles that are exceptions to this.  Microsoft paid 50 million dollars to rockstar and cut the price of the 360 to 200$ to make sure the 360 was the system of choice for GTA, right down to the DLC.

yeah... it doesn't look so amazing like that.

Iwasactually correctedbymany on this site...I was told on this site that...MS did not pay RockStar 50 mil...RockStar Borrowed 50mil from MS...I think you should get more info

twingo said:
Duhhhhh.

Though how you explain PS3 version selling +400k more in Europe given its smaller user base.

Duh, that doesn't count! My god, man, have you learned nothing from your stay here?!

Mummelmann said:
twingo said:
Duhhhhh.

Duh, that doesn't count! My god, man, have you learned nothing from your stay here?!

Acording to this site the UK race is very close for the ps3 and 360..theyare almost tied

Whats sad is people think it's PS2s biggest franchise. It's not, GT is. Regardless GTA was never exclusive, first one was on PS1 and PC, second I forget, but GTA3 was on xbox and ps2, so was vice city and san andreas. There is more exclusive GTAs on sony platforms, but I don't know where anyone would get it was exclusive to sony before this generation. Maybe you should stop being in denial.