By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Did Anybody Else Notice Grand Theft Auto 4 Has Sold More On The 360?

t's pretty amazing to see the PS2's biggest franchise selling more on another console.  It would be like the Halo franchise or Nintendo's first party games selling more on another system.  What does this mean for the Playstation brand remains to be seen but it really does show just how far (down) the Playstation brand has come.

Oh I forgot to post the numbers...

Xbox 360 - 7.01 Million
PS3 - 5.58 Million

Also considering the 360 version has better legs than the PS3 version look for that gap to grow even more in the coming years.  What's sad is the denial I'm seeing from some PS3 fanboys who seem to think Rockstar might make GTA V a PS3 exclusive and pour even more money into it to fill up teh Blu-Ray.  I don't know about you but I really can't see Rockstar doing that...

Around the Network

And...

hahahah yes!

lmao.. because more people have an xbox then they do a ps3. so?

*FAIL Thread Over*

Around the Network

I think it's because of the DLC, and the fact that the PS3 has been relatively floundering in America.

If this were a racing game or a jrpg, it would have probably sold better on the PS3.

GTAIV is a killing game. Which console sells those games better?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

You don't fight trolling with more trolling.\

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

More consoles = More sales.

Odd.

ps3 fans, Legend wants a reaction, lets show him stuff like this means nothing to us.
I am going for a pizza now.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)