By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Did Anybody Else Notice Grand Theft Auto 4 Has Sold More On The 360?

snyperdud said:
More consoles = More sales.

Odd.

I think the game sales have proven time and again that raw userbase number is less important than userbase preference and relative competition. That's how the PS3's exclusives can almost keep up with their PS2 counterparts from last gen, despite the 100 million userbase difference. That is also why Chinatown Wars didn't meet expectations. People thought raw userbase meant something, when in reality it is one of the least important factors, imho.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

F-A-I-L

Being a cricket fan is much simpler and more fun

If you break it down by country american is where it gets all those extra sales. So not too surprising really. and it's a 3rd party which was on both consoles last gen.

I have to admit, that somebody on here got pwned

ZenfoldorVGI said:
snyperdud said:

Odd.

I think the game sales have proven time and again that raw userbase number is less important than userbase preference and relative competition. That's how the PS3's exclusives can almost keep up with their PS2 counterparts from last gen, despite the 100 million userbase difference. That is also why Chinatown Wars didn't meet expectations. People thought raw userbase meant something, when in reality it is one of the least important factors, imho.

Still though, the more consoles does mean more potential buyers.

Around the Network

This is a very interesting thread...I Must point Point out....It seems that when the 360 outsells a PS3 game it ends up being by more 500k weird right?

snyperdud said:

Odd.

Street Fighter 4 has sold more on the PS3 than 360.  Resident Evil 5 sold more on the PS3 than the 360.  Tomb Raider: Underworld sold more on the PS3. 

There are titles that are exceptions to this.  Microsoft worked hard to make sure the 360 was the system of choice for GTA, right down to the DLC.

richardhutnik said:
snyperdud said:

Odd.

Street Fighter 4 has sold more on the PS3 than 360.  Resident Evil 5 sold more on the PS3 than the 360.  Tomb Raider: Underworld sold more on the PS3.

There are titles that are exceptions to this.  Microsoft worked hard to make sure the 360 was the system of choice for GTA, right down to the DLC.

Of course, there are exceptions. What I meant by my statement was that the more consoles there are the more potential buyers for a game.

GTA is extremley popular, thus appealing to more people.

That is really a good achievement for Microsoft. There are some reasons that have already been pointed out in this thread which explain why this happened, but as Legend said, it is really something to take note of.

Not as if I really cared, though.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

i swear ive just seen the exact same thread but about cod 4..