By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Did Anybody Else Notice Grand Theft Auto 4 Has Sold More On The 360?

my god at least my thread was prettier everybody stop coping me

Play Me

Around the Network

What there's another of these threads? No one noticed because it was so obvious. Did anyone notice today is Sunday?

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Reported first post.
Ignorant kid.

Am guessing u noticed

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

snyperdud said:
richardhutnik said:
snyperdud said:
More consoles = More sales.

Odd.

Street Fighter 4 has sold more on the PS3 than 360.  Resident Evil 5 sold more on the PS3 than the 360.  Tomb Raider: Underworld sold more on the PS3.

There are titles that are exceptions to this.  Microsoft worked hard to make sure the 360 was the system of choice for GTA, right down to the DLC.

Of course, there are exceptions. What I meant by my statement was that the more consoles there are the more potential buyers for a game.

GTA is extremley popular, thus appealing to more people.

Well, it is also true, if you look at the regions involved.  Resident Evil and SF4 have big followings in Japan, which is why you see this reversal.  However, merely having more consoles alone doesn't explain why.

Around the Network

YES, I DID NOTICE!

GOOD TO SEE I WAS NOT THE ONLY ONE!

Yes I did.

More relevant: Here we go again folks

On an unrelated side note, staring into the haunting eyes of Legend11's avatar still fills me with the urge to smash fragile things and hurt young children

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Legend11 said:

t's pretty amazing to see the PS2's biggest franchise selling more on another console.  It would be like the Halo franchise or Nintendo's first party games selling more on another system.  What does this mean for the Playstation brand remains to be seen but it really does show just how far (down) the Playstation brand has come.

Oh I forgot to post the numbers...

Xbox 360 - 7.01 Million
PS3 - 5.58 Million

Also considering the 360 version has better legs than the PS3 version look for that gap to grow even more in the coming years.  What's sad is the denial I'm seeing from some PS3 fanboys who seem to think Rockstar might make GTA V a PS3 exclusive and pour even more money into it to fill up teh Blu-Ray.  I don't know about you but I really can't see Rockstar doing that...

No it wouldnt

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Rockstar Games 4,148 N/A 1.93m 10th Mar 09
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Unknown 364 N/A 0.00m

30th Mar 08

Check out my game about moles ^

rafichamp said:
*FAIL Thread Over*

Agreed.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller