By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Did Anybody Else Notice Grand Theft Auto 4 Has Sold More On The 360?

This is a great way to label your status as an xbot fanboy.

Around the Network

It's not like this is the first GTA game on a Microsoft console.

I actually thought it was impressive that the two versions were so close.

What a remarkable discovery. I'm fairly certain that no one else in here knew this since no one made a thread such as this.
I told you so's are always fun, especially online where they really matter.
Brilliant job, there should be VGchartz medals (not a bad idea, come to think of it, kinda like achievements based on what kind of poster you are).

great thread!

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

I feel dumb for having read this through...silly thread

Around the Network

this just proves the xbox 360 is stealing ps2 gamers. Also, look at resident evil 5 (previously playstation exclusive) sales - xbox outsold it more than 2-1

ps2 owners are not buying ps3s. that theory has been destroyed

CMoney said:
this just proves the xbox 360 is stealing ps2 gamers. Also, look at resident evil 5 (previously playstation exclusive) sales - xbox outsold it more than 2-1

Might wanna get your eyes checked...

But what about whether the 360 support has scuttled any suggestion that GTA V will be a PS3 exclusive? Not that I think there were any serious suggestions of that being a reality. However you could find a GTA V on PS3 with a bit of additional content not on the 360 GTA V. But only if Sony is prepared to pay for exclusive content on a multi-plat game, which they don't seem willing to do. So I think GTA V will be the same on both.

Here is some relativity for you:

PS3 hardware = 72.8% of X360 hardware
PS3 GTA IV sales = 79.6% of X360 GTA IV sales

PS3 sales of GTA IV = 25.5% of install base
360 sales of GTA IV = 23.3% of install base

These figures tell you that the raw numbers mean the sales on the 360 are doing more or less what one would expect, if you are going to run a comparison between consoles with significantly different install bases.

So GTA IV is not a good game to lord over PS3 sales-wise.

OTOH CoD:WAW is a good game to lord over PS3 sales-wise because PS3 is only doing about 60% vs 360. So it's level of support on the PS3 is much lower relative to the 360 support for the game.

Lesson: Choose your trolling weapon wisely.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

wow every1 knows. and of course gta5 wont be ps3 exclusive

im on my PS3 right now ;)