By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the wii eventually outsell the PS2?

^^

LEGS! WII'S GOT LEGS!!! (cit.)

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

no dont think so i dont think this wii trend will last into 2011 and currently the wii is selling much lower than last year

and nindendo doesnt have a good history of bring out more than 1 mario kart, SSB, and they usually bring 2 marios, Zeldas per gen

i dont think a future price cut will do much to sales as it would 4 the ps3 everybody who wants a wii probably already has 1 u cant say that for the ps3

Play Me

will it be sad if the wii does? mind you, i never had a ps2 but i know about how is one of the best consoles ever and has so MANY great games i wish i had played. now my question is how sad would it be the wii outselling the ps2 which manage those sales cause of an incredible software lineup and it was popular back then. the wii would had manage those sales based on hype alone and aa bunch of bad casuals games. eeryone remebers the ps2 and their games. the wii will never be remeber for games just for being a phenomenon. cause really besides mario galaxy the wii has no classic games.

Putting the Box back in Ninlen!

BHR-3 said:
no dont think so i dont think this wii trend will last into 2011 and currently the wii is selling much lower than last year

Check up info before you say something:

5 Jan - 26 Apr 2008: 5,512,828

3 Jan - 25 Apr 2009: 6,075,690

//Those're obviously VGChartz figures.

TWRoO said:
Dr.KennethNoisewater said:
Nah no way it reaches PS2 levels. And remember PS2 is undertracked on this site, its been put at as much as 140 million and this site has it at 124 million

*pulls hair out*

GRRRRR!

TheSource agrees with him, so he is right.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
mai said:
BHR-3 said:

ha ha i love that i cant wait till jan-june 08 vs jan-june 09 i said currently meaning the past few weeks and even this week and the next i think that gap that is shown there will be gone wen the 2nd quarter of the year ends so it will be lower than last year

Play Me

mai said:
BHR-3 said:

look at the graph OPEN ME the wii sold about 100k less this week from the same week in 08 and next week the wii will sell about 500k less than last year ur little numbers gap up there 5.5 08 vs 6.0 09 will be gone by next week and will contunue to grow throught the year in favor of my theory that the wii will sell less 08 vs 09 so you check up info b4 saying something

Play Me

@BHR-3

Look at April 2008 Wii release shedule ;) Should I explain more?

its hard... but could happen

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

I don't think it will happen.
The Wii peaked higher than the PS2 but it looks to me like it will fall from the peak faster too ( which is not that surprising)

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !