By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the wii eventually outsell the PS2?

Falcon095 said:
morpheusx said:
BHR-3 said:
mai said:

@BHR-3

Look at April 2008 Wii release shedule ;) Should I explain more?

thats to bad they should of spread things out more the reason y im stressing this is b/c i made a thread back in JAN 09 stating that the wii will sell less from jan-june in 09 then it did in 08 i got bashed hard in that thread i was the only 1 who said it would looking at the current trend come in of june i should be victorious with that prediction

of  course currently the wii is going to be shown higher than in 08 it had supply promblems the first few months of 08 Y  couldn the wii match its 08 release schedule?

Anyone who doesn't believe you that the Wii is selling less then last year only needs to walk into almost any retailer.  This time last year you couldn't find a Wii on the shelf unless you had perfect timing. Now all you need to do is walk in and the stores literally have stacks of them like the PS3 and 360.

You might be partially correct , but i'm pretty sure that the reason of that is mostly because of the incresed production rather than the low sales. If low sales were the case then you would see lower sales, not bigger.

Actually 6 weeks ago Wii sales were up YoY in 2009 by over a million.

By next week they will be even YoY. Wii will have sold 1 million units less than the previous year in a 5-6 weeks period...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

I was in my Best Buy today in the afternoon on my lunch break and I personally counted over 100 Wii's sitting on a pallet in the middle of the store and nobody was even looking at them. That doesn't even count whether or not they had them sitting on the shelf in the Wii section or if they may have had an end cap full of them. I think the Wii has or is about to hit a wall. Might be time for a price cut.

We seem to get one of these every month. But yes it will happen.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

If it continues along this current pattern for as long as the PS2 stayed viable, the yes, the Wii will outsell the PS2. But I don't think any of the consoles from this gen -not even the Wii- will last long enough for that to happen.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Bullet100000 said:
I think No as much as I love Nintendo I dont think it will happen the Trend will end.

does mr DS remind you of anything?

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you.