By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playing the ps2/gc made me realize.........this gens gaming SUCKS!!!!

Last gen was better but this gen has been pretty good thanks to games like Tales of Vesperia, Mass Effect and Valkyria Chronicles. I've also heard that Disgaea 3 and Lost Odyssey were awesome games as well. Also there are games like Magna Carta 2, Tales of Graces and Arc Rise Fantasia on the way so i think this gen is doing just fine.

Around the Network
phnguyen89 said:
jesus kung fu magic said:

Seriously where did it all go wrong , I pulled out the ol ps2/gc and im now regretting ever buying the 360 and ps3. I couldnt find an good title if it killed me with the horrendous line-up of games for both the hd systems and have only owned them for a short amount of time

........BUT I owned a ps2 for 6 years and a gc for 4 and within seconds im finding fun games left and right to this day!!!!

Just got  SoTC today and have been playing it non stop. Got RE4 last week and im just having fun.

The two things bolded above have never happened to me this gen(besides mass effect)  and probably never will with the influx of generic fps's and the absolute need to have online multiplayer to merit the 60$ price tag.

How long has the PS3 been out?  How long was the PS2 out before your so called fun games came out?  I don't have a  Xbox/360, so I can't comment.  I am an undergrad at UCSD and there is a research course that is offered there.  We can pick any topic including working on the PS3.  The way to program on a PS3 is not an easy task, but it is doable.  Developers just need a little bit more time.  Once they have the graphics part max out, the only other thing they can do is improve their storyline, character development, and the rest of the good stuff.  In the mean time, GET CROSS EDGE (that's just my opinion for which game you should get).

Have you played Cross Edge? If you have how was it?

I like this gen so far, but yes. Last Gen was filled with great titles.

4 ≈ One

I like this game less. Wii stops it from being a total loss though.

Most tradtional games don't seem to be evolving at all. Just focusing on making things look better... or making things break apart... better.

Still it's got a chance to bounce back.

I will say that lest gen ended early for all players, but it had to. sony was smothering the competition and we had lost one classic console maker, the second place console maker signed a contract to get part early that pretty much guaranteed they would never make money on the unit, and nintendo was having such a bad time that even at 99 dollars and with good games they could not get people to buy their console.

this generation should be the longest generation in terms of no new mainstream consoles coming out. we should see this generation drag on until at earliest 2012. this will allow the lengthened development cycles to catch up and produce those 2 and 3rd generation games that we acclaim were so great. on top of that it would allow the base for each console to grow to truly allow for profitable experimentation on one platform. it will end as the healthiest generation with each console maker and game producer making more money then it would have if one console had dominated and allow for more ideas to be brought to the forefront.

however all of the above only applies if they do hold off until 2012 bare minimum to launch a completely new console from one of the major players 2014 would be better, cause remember money is in the games not the console.

now on a personal note, while not the best generation this time neither was last generation. ID have to say the SNES generation was the best. the NES may have been my baptism into gaming and had what i feel is the best mario game ever (super mario brothers 3), and the PS1 generation may have been my first real understanding of 3d as a game platform and my FPS training. the PS2 generation had 2 consoles (dreamcast and xbox) that pushed me into the world of online play and introduced new sub genres and vast refinements in play. but none of those come to the birth of gaming types and fun had with the SNES

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

It's hard to say which is better right now. Though I will say by the end of this cycle of consoles I'm sure we will have even more masterpiece's then before.

I might need to change my name to ''currentgengamer'' lol

yeah last gen rocked, and so far has more great games then this gen, but give it time and you'll forget all about the 6th gen of gaming.

Based and quality and output from all companies, this gen is more equal. Based on the amount of great IP's put out within the same amount of time as this gen last gen owns this gen. My only happiness this gen with gaming are in the form of Mass Effect, Halo 3, the gears franchise, MGS4, Uncharted and thats about it right now for me.

You need to buy more games, maybe you will feel better about this gen

mM

If anything this gen has showed me is how much I really love PC gaming. Almost all games I have are on 360/PS3, but I'm just enjoying them more on PC. And the last gen, it was an amazing time. For reference, I still have my ps2 plugged in and my ps3 is turned off.