By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playing the ps2/gc made me realize.........this gens gaming SUCKS!!!!

Hah, the last last-gen game I played was SMT: Devil SUmmoner, an hour ago.

Around the Network

The gamecube is my favorite system as far as games go this period.

Soriku said:
Agree, last gen is way better. This gen is good but so far I've had more memories last gen. I don't think I'll have as many memories this gen as the last.

What PS2/GC games do you own? I'd like to give you recommendations :)

That is because you only have a Wii =p.  If you had the ability to play ToV and VC aswell you would love this gen atleast a bit more.

dude the ps3 and wii are only 2 and a half years how many great games were out in the first 2 and a half years of the ps2. While the xbox 360 came out in 2005 everybody thought that the ps3 would be this gens winner and the ps2 was having crazy high sales in the beginning so 3rd partys weren't focusing on next gen games in 2005

ah nostalgia

this gen rocks, you just need to play games that suit your tastes more maybe

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Around the Network

Considering we are in the 2nd/3rd year of the current gen, I would give it some more time. Since I have a 60GB PS3, I regularly play some PS2 and PS1 games but with a different perspective. A lot of the games are not as good as I remember. The controls are kinda bad and the games are kinda cheesy. Most are still good games, but I am very satisfied with this gen. What I never really payed attention to was the glitches in older games. With this gen there are really no more than before, but we get them fixed. We also get extra content for free a lot of the time with those fixes. Something that was not there last gen. UTIII is a very good example of this. The game sucked when it came out. I would have never purchased it. They decided to release an update that added a ton of features, fix a lot of issues and make the game look much better. So I went ahead and purchased it.

With games like Uncharted, R2, KZ2, Force unleased, LBP and others, I think this gen is shaping up to be the best one yet.

Gearbox said:
uhm the ps2 has had 9 years to grow a nice library... the gc had how many? lols just wait

Beat me to it lol, i agree the ps3 hasnt been out that long and neither has the xbox in comparisan to the previous generation, so just chil cause this gen is far from over. There are many great games to come on both consoles

I'm enjoying this gen though I think cause I'm older and do other stuff, I don't enjoy gaming as much as I used to. I've made more of an effort with this gen than last since I didn't really have much chance to play games during the 6th gen.

^obvioulsy, what's the OP thinking...geeez

jesus kung fu magic said:

Seriously where did it all go wrong , I pulled out the ol ps2/gc and im now regretting ever buying the 360 and ps3. I couldnt find an good title if it killed me with the horrendous line-up of games for both the hd systems and have only owned them for a short amount of time

........BUT I owned a ps2 for 6 years and a gc for 4 and within seconds im finding fun games left and right to this day!!!!

Just got  SoTC today and have been playing it non stop. Got RE4 last week and im just having fun.

The two things bolded above have never happened to me this gen(besides mass effect)  and probably never will with the influx of generic fps's and the absolute need to have online multiplayer to merit the 60$ price tag.

How long has the PS3 been out?  How long was the PS2 out before your so called fun games came out?  I don't have a  Xbox/360, so I can't comment.  I am an undergrad at UCSD and there is a research course that is offered there.  We can pick any topic including working on the PS3.  The way to program on a PS3 is not an easy task, but it is doable.  Developers just need a little bit more time.  Once they have the graphics part max out, the only other thing they can do is improve their storyline, character development, and the rest of the good stuff.  In the mean time, GET CROSS EDGE (that's just my opinion for which game you should get).