By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playing the ps2/gc made me realize.........this gens gaming SUCKS!!!!

How do you guys compare 9 years of games to just 2 plus years. It's not even fair. I truly believe because of the better competition this Gen, e will have 3 great console with an amazing game library.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
psrock said:
How do you guys compare 9 years of games to just 2 plus years. It's not even fair. I truly believe because of the better competition this Gen, e will have 3 great console with an amazing game library.

More amazing games came out with the first three years of last gen than this, despite the fact that the PS2 was monopolizing the third parties.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
psrock said:

More amazing games came out with the first three years of last gen than this combined, despite the fact that the PS2 was monopolizing the third parties.

but i expect more amazing games to come just this year that would blow away your assumption.

And most of the games you speak of are either coming or already had a sequal.  And early PS2 games were so bad looking.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Not really fair. Try comparing the last generation consoles up to 2004 and see what you get.

wow....gc ??? lmao...,srsly....gc ? idk wat ur talking about

dont class the PS2 with gc...
gc wasnt a good console...luigi's mantion and re4 was fckn top games..dats all...,
all know where im coming from

Around the Network
psrock said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
psrock said:

More amazing games came out with the first three years of last gen than this combined, despite the fact that the PS2 was monopolizing the third parties.

but i expect more amazing games to come just this year that would blow away your assumption.

And most of the games you speak of are either coming or already had a sequal.  And early PS2 games were so bad looking.

You're on. Keep in touch with me and after E3 and after I win say, "S.t.a.g.e. is the best....there is none better". This is after you slap yourself in my honor.... that is.

I, too, much prefer last gen. Relative to the first few years of last gen, of course.

So much more jRPG goodness and I was more than content owning just one console.

Having said that, there have been a few classics and I do like several games that I would likely have never given a chance if it weren't for the lack of j/sRPG's.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
psrock said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
psrock said:

You're on. Keep in touch with me and after E3 and after I win say, "S.t.a.g.e. is the best....there is none better". This is after you slap yourself in my honor.... that is.

we'll see. I am very confident this Gen will stand toe to toe last quite easily.

this is what this claim sounds to me:

I prefer last year's movies over this year.

Next Gen 

g-value said:
phnguyen89 said:
jesus kung fu magic said:

Seriously where did it all go wrong , I pulled out the ol ps2/gc and im now regretting ever buying the 360 and ps3. I couldnt find an good title if it killed me with the horrendous line-up of games for both the hd systems and have only owned them for a short amount of time

........BUT I owned a ps2 for 6 years and a gc for 4 and within seconds im finding fun games left and right to this day!!!!

Just got  SoTC today and have been playing it non stop. Got RE4 last week and im just having fun.

The two things bolded above have never happened to me this gen(besides mass effect)  and probably never will with the influx of generic fps's and the absolute need to have online multiplayer to merit the 60$ price tag.

How long has the PS3 been out?  How long was the PS2 out before your so called fun games came out?  I don't have a  Xbox/360, so I can't comment.  I am an undergrad at UCSD and there is a research course that is offered there.  We can pick any topic including working on the PS3.  The way to program on a PS3 is not an easy task, but it is doable.  Developers just need a little bit more time.  Once they have the graphics part max out, the only other thing they can do is improve their storyline, character development, and the rest of the good stuff.  In the mean time, GET CROSS EDGE (that's just my opinion for which game you should get).

Have you played Cross Edge? If you have how was it?

As you know (by looking at my collection), I have a lot of NIS games.  I found the combat system to be excellent (my taste, I like games that allow chaining up combos or interaction of player during battle like Ar tonelico 2, DMC, TOA, Mana Khemia).  The story is not like "THIS IS AWESOME", but it's better than most out there (again my taste).  You should rent it if you're game collection somewhat differs.  But if you have some NIS games already, you should get it.  FYI, it has Morgana from DarkStalkers in it.