By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playing the ps2/gc made me realize.........this gens gaming SUCKS!!!!

Seriously where did it all go wrong , I pulled out the ol ps2/gc and im now regretting ever buying the 360 and ps3. I couldnt find an good title if it killed me with the horrendous line-up of games for both the hd systems and have only owned them for a short amount of time

........BUT I owned a ps2 for 6 years and a gc for 4 and within seconds im finding fun games left and right to this day!!!!

Just got  SoTC today and have been playing it non stop. Got RE4 last week and im just having fun.

The two things bolded above have never happened to me this gen(besides mass effect)  and probably never will with the influx of generic fps's and the absolute need to have online multiplayer to merit the 60$ price tag.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Around the Network

Hate to disagree with you, Jesus, but I got a PS2 and a Gamecube within months of their launches. I bought tons (as in a couple hundred) games for them, and I still get a kick out of the current gen. Yes, I do go back and play MGS3 or Zelda Wind Waker, but Gen 7 is awesome, too.

It's all a matter of opinion, though.

I actually really enjoy this gen. There are countless games I love. The only sad part is that none of my top 10 games of all time reside in this gen, so in that perspective it has been a bit of a letdown.

The N64 still and will always hold most of my favorite games of all time. After nostalgia levels up and reaches a certain point, there is nothing in the world that can top it. It's like a maxed out Mewtwo in Pokemon Red/Blue.

Please go play MGS4.

The only sad thing is the huge amount of FPS. Dark ones with lots of brown and grey became the standard. Really sad. I prefer the 16-bit era, where "mascot" platform games were the blockbusters.

Awesome trailer for the new Ganbare Goemon game, to be released in March, 2009 for... Well, it's a Pachinko machine with a display. Oh, God.

*NEW SUPER MARIO BROS WII*:  Now it's gonna happen!!! Thank you so much Nintendo.

Around the Network
Sephiroth357 said:
Please go play MGS4.

I have , not all its cracked up to be.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

jesus kung fu magic said:
Sephiroth357 said:
Please go play MGS4.

I have , not all its cracked up to be.

Sadly, I agree.

ps2 i'll agree with- gc...eh

I don't know where to stand this gen. I actually have enough money for once to buy all the games that I want, so I have more games, but I can probably pick fewer great titles out of them. Of course, this gen is still young and I got into last gen rather late, like 4 years ago.

So I'd say it's been better for me, but that's certainly not because of the games. I'm likely going to catch hell for this, but I personally blame Microsoft. Western games have gotten bigger because of them and I personally don't feel Westerner's have as much imagination. Also games are getting to be bigger budget so less chances are taken in doing something unique and developers stick to the standard formulas.

How do you breathe again?

Orca_Azure said:
ps2 i'll agree with- gc...eh

if the gc came out with only melee, it would still be a great console to me.  hundreds of hours in that game and i actually played it today =), possibly tomorrow as well since its so dam good (its the main competitive game for me and my friends to this day)

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.