By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Not only is the Wii bubble going to burst but it will EXPLODE!!!!

Serious_frusting said:
leo-j made the GTA will kill the Wii prediction

that is far from reasnable lol

The leo-j of yesterday =/= the leo-j of today.

And apparently haxxiy is just as crazzy as serious_frusting and BHR-3 in being even crazzier than CrazzyMan.

Around the Network

yeah i think wii sales are on the decline i also think that 09 jan to jun will be lower than 08 jan to june and even the whole year to year in general it used up all of its good IP last year and the year b4

im going to say that GT5 FF13 GodOfWar3 and the next GTA game will finally put the Wii to rest

Play Me

haxxiy said:

Wii is indeed doomed... it will be lucky to made up to 12m on Japan lifetime... PS3 otherwise could make up to 8m... X360 to 2m... no, pricecut and new colors won't help the Wii because Sony/MS can do the same and still bring slim SKUs... let's face it, by the time DQX is out SE could do graphically improved ports to PSP-2/DS-2 and sell heaps...

I never realized "Doomed" meant you outsold your competition combined (especially when your second place competitor has sold all of it's consoles so far at a loss while you have made a profit on each sale from day 1.) Seriously, you are predicting end of gen sales Wii 12m> PS3 8m + 360 2m (12 >10), and you think that is doomed?

Let me fix your post....

Your thinking is indeed flawed.... Nintendo has been smart and savvy enough to make record profits this gen, PS3 will have a net loss in profits the entire gen, as will MS due to high fail rates (though Live suybscriptions will help offset that). Pricecuts and new colors won't have to save the Wii because it really doesn't need saving at all. Sony/MS can do colors and pricecuts and never catch up. Let's face it, by the time DQX is out, it will only help Wii grow the lead it has already maintained the entire gen, it has sold heaps.

That's better....

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

I see what you mean by saying Wii Fit is the only thing what is keeping Wii as high as it is.

But the main reason Wii is selling as good as it is, is from its marketting.

And no, the Wii bubble wont be busting for a while, E3 will show you this.

thx1139 said:
Some merit in this thread.

WiiMotionPlus to most people I know that have a Wii has caused 2 reactions. Hey I thought the Wii did this already and now a full controller set for the Wii costs $80 (WiiMote, Nunchuk, WiiMotion plus).

WiiFit is a huge driver of Wii sales and also a big part of Wii in the closet. Only reason I purchased a Wii was my wife wanted WiiFit for Christmas. Now the Wii hasnt been used since February. Only other console I have ever had that sat unused so long was my brothers pong (pre Atari 2600).

Buy a game?

Check out the VGC Crunch this Podcast and Blog at www.tsnetcast.com

Around the Network

Wow. Just 1 damn game didn't sold gazillions (madworld) and the PS3 was lucky for 2 weeks and now the wii is doomed? how can it be doomed if even without top software is still SELLING LIKE CRAZY and the only reason the PS3 went lucky was because a couple of niche games?

I loved the Gamecube but when I saw that it wouldn't never top the PS2 I accepted it and kept enjoying it without dellusion of "being in the top" thanks to a couple of lucky strikes.

Honestly, just accept that the wii WON and move on.

Grow up.

Bobbuffalo said: Honestly, just accept that the wii WON and move on.
Grow up.

This.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

There is a fundimental flaw in your argument. It only applies to the core. Nintendo has reached out to the mainstream consumer - a market vastly larger than the core gamer market - with the Wii and DS.

Why does the DS trumpt PSP sales all over the place? One reason and one reason only - female consumers who make up 50% (and growing) of DS userbase.

Wii is also tapping that market (and lapsed gamers and seniors and others who never played before and casuals, etc) and while they may not be buying 10 games a year, it doesn't mean they won't buy games at all. They will and they do - giving Wii the highest volume of 3rd party game sales last year.

Just like the DS continues to not only succeed but thrive off Nintendogs & Brain Age crowd the Wii will continue to succeed off the Wii Fit, Mario Kart (and whatever else Nintendo still has up their sleeves) crowd for years to come.

Wii sales are declining, drastically in Japan, but only slightly in the rest. Wii will still be strong for years to come.

senseinobaka said:
thx1139 said:
Some merit in this thread.

WiiMotionPlus to most people I know that have a Wii has caused 2 reactions. Hey I thought the Wii did this already and now a full controller set for the Wii costs $80 (WiiMote, Nunchuk, WiiMotion plus).

WiiFit is a huge driver of Wii sales and also a big part of Wii in the closet. Only reason I purchased a Wii was my wife wanted WiiFit for Christmas. Now the Wii hasnt been used since February. Only other console I have ever had that sat unused so long was my brothers pong (pre Atari 2600).

Buy a game?

We buy games when there is a game that interests us.  My kids and my wife arent asking for any Wii games.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.