By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Not only is the Wii bubble going to burst but it will EXPLODE!!!!

^^^^ a mod locked it and advised me to move it into another forum because it is considered trollong if you post stuff like this in the Ninty, Sony, M$ forums

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
Serious_frusting said:
Squilliam said:
There does appear to be a correlation between the two.

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=Japan&cons2=&reg2=------&cons3=&reg3=------&start=39558&end=39922

http://www.vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=Japan&game1=Wii+Fit+-+Wii&reg2=All&game2=&reg3=All&game3=&weeks=100&weekly=1

The real question is this, does Wii Fit decline because the Wii declines, or does the Wii decline because Wii Fit declines? If theres a causality, which one is it?

i think a closer inspection at the EU n US dats should be able to answer that

the thing is Wii fit is not a game so people who want wii fit are not really gamers so i think it is safe to say the Wii fit lifted Wii's sales more then what it should have been because of health enthusiats wanting Wii fit. once them people get the game the Wii's sales will start to drop. I mean think of it this way why on earth does the console not sell way more software.

it only sells the same few games. yh maybe a few people who brought the wii for games thought hey Wii fit but i bet its not as many who though oh wii fit i need a Wii

http://www.vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=Others&game1=Wii+Fit+-+Wii&reg2=All&game2=&reg3=All&game3=&weeks=100&weekly=1

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=Europe&cons2=Wii&reg2=Europe&cons3=Wii&reg3=Europe&start=39558&end=39922

Im sorry, I can't see a connection between Wii Fit and European sales. For the same 52 week period I cannot see a spike or drop coresponding to say Wii Fit availability.

oh thats probably because Wii sports is still in high demand and what not. but the attach rate each week is still something to note

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Wii continues to sell well due to Wii Fit and Mario Kart Wii selling well. But as soon as interest in those games slows down the Wii console sales will dry up unless the Wii console is reduced in sales price.

For example out of the 136k people that brought a Wii last week in europe only 26k didnt get Wii fit obviosly that number is greater but i am just assuming the game is only selling to new wii owners. I know exsisting owners are buying the game aswell but you can never really tell so

Bla Bla Bla......oh and Bla.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network
PS3beats360 said:
Wii continues to sell well due to Wii Fit and Mario Kart Wii selling well. But as soon as interest in those games slows down the Wii console sales will dry up unless the Wii console is reduced in sales price.

Oh yeah and the games you mentioned are the last games Nintendo will release OMG the Wii is DOOOOMED!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Serious_frusting said:
Squilliam said:
Serious_frusting said:
Squilliam said:
There does appear to be a correlation between the two.

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=Japan&cons2=&reg2=------&cons3=&reg3=------&start=39558&end=39922

http://www.vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=Japan&game1=Wii+Fit+-+Wii&reg2=All&game2=&reg3=All&game3=&weeks=100&weekly=1

The real question is this, does Wii Fit decline because the Wii declines, or does the Wii decline because Wii Fit declines? If theres a causality, which one is it?

i think a closer inspection at the EU n US dats should be able to answer that

the thing is Wii fit is not a game so people who want wii fit are not really gamers so i think it is safe to say the Wii fit lifted Wii's sales more then what it should have been because of health enthusiats wanting Wii fit. once them people get the game the Wii's sales will start to drop. I mean think of it this way why on earth does the console not sell way more software.

it only sells the same few games. yh maybe a few people who brought the wii for games thought hey Wii fit but i bet its not as many who though oh wii fit i need a Wii

http://www.vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=Others&game1=Wii+Fit+-+Wii&reg2=All&game2=&reg3=All&game3=&weeks=100&weekly=1

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=Europe&cons2=Wii&reg2=Europe&cons3=Wii&reg3=Europe&start=39558&end=39922

Im sorry, I can't see a connection between Wii Fit and European sales. For the same 52 week period I cannot see a spike or drop coresponding to say Wii Fit availability.

oh thats probably because Wii sports is still in high demand and what not. but the attach rate each week is still something to note

There may be something to the Japanese numbers, hey you could be the first one to spot it or it could be a false alarm proved wrong by the arival of a Wii fan and the list of Wii games due to release soon in Japan.

Tease.

Couldn't this wait til after E3? Or did you know that after E3 this thread would seem ridiculous?

Never going to happen :

Wii is still the best selling console BY FAR (more than 360+360)

Nintendo still can :
make bundles in Japan (Wii Sport or Wii Fit or Mario)
have a price cut
new colors
realease Wii Sports 2 and then Wii Fit 2
lauch Zelda or Mario or any big IP

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

Serious_frusting said:

1. If any of the above applies to you dont post and just leave he thread please.

2. The Wii's sales in Japan have been in a downwards spiral now for about a year. The thing i have noticed though is that peopole who buy Wii's are people who eva want Wii Fit, Family friendly games or are Nintendo Diehards. The problem this has made is that the few core games the Wii gets sells to a few ninty diehards and thats about hence the reson of lack of 3rd party suppoert.

3. also as the sales off Wii fit have died off so has the Wii along side it (in JAPAN)  and i think that this is a trend that will carry over to the rest of the world. People dont buy Wii's for traditional games as they sales data has shown. They buy the Wii for Wii fit.

Discuss

1.  I'm not going to get out of your thread just cause you make a loud noise.

2. The lack of third party support is because developers gave Wii no chance at the start of the gen.  They put all their eggs in the PS3 basket.  When they realised this was a daft idea they moved all their eggs to the PS360 basket since they can treat the two as one console.  Hence there have been very very few core games on Wii.  Most of those that have come out have done well on Wii (e.g Red Steel, No More Heroes, House of the Dead, Resident Evil, CODWAW, etc).  There have been tons of games that have sold way more on PS360 (e.g. Fallout 3, COD4, CODWAW, RE5, etc) but what do you expect? Developers refused to release such games on Wii so many people but a PS3 or 360 for those games either in addition to Wii or instead of Wii.  Also how many Wii games have had such huge budgets and advertising?  If there were tons of core games on Wii there would be tons more Wii owners interested in those games.  After all Wii owners can't buy what doesn't exist.  Also bear in mind that there have been games on PS360 that have brought development houses down so even though some big developers have seen huge success on PS360 there have been just as many disastrous consequences of putting all eggs in the PS360 basket.  Also developers lack talent and Wii forces them to be talented rather than releasing the same game over and over with just pretty graphics which relies more on the technology than the developers' abilities.

3.  I guess there were no Wiis being sold before Wii came out.

Anyway whether the Wii bubble bursts or explodes I am sure that till the end of this gen it will continue to outsell PS3 and 360 and will infact from today hence forth sell more than PS360 combined will sell.  So if the Wii bubble is bursting then the PS3 and 360 bubble must be smashed, crushed, stepped on, shot and sliced to pieces.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down