By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Not only is the Wii bubble going to burst but it will EXPLODE!!!!

Roma said:
shams said:

Monster Hunter 3
FF:CC
Mario & Sonic at Winter Olympics
Tales of Grace
New Mario Party
WiiSports:Resort
WiiFit+
EA Active
Red Steel II
The Conduit
Pikmin 3
new Xmas big hitter (Mario or Nintedogs IMO)
Takt of Magic
Tiger Woods 10 (including M+)
Grand Slam Tennis (including M+)
Pokemon Title

...Dragon Quest X

Poor Wii, its *obviously* dooooooooomed!

Sales might just explode - but only in a good way.

But they have FFXIII so of course the Wii is doomed….

You have no idea what you are talking about Shams… Not!!

Hehe, I know you are being sarcastic, but I'll mention it anyway for others.  If you look at the sales of the last few Final Fantasy games in Japan, and then the last few Dragon Quest games in Japan, you see that Dragon Quest has sold better than FF.  I think DQX in itself will in the very least match FFXIII sales in Japan.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network

I know I don't read this site very often anymore, but...

People still make these threads? Damn.

wait till wii fit 2 and 3 dude

im a 360 diehard who owns a wii (love it too)

and i will say there is no stopping the wii, and no takin it over, and when wii fit 2 drops, i am buying it

wii won, they can stop selling systems for two years, and still be the winner

so who gives a shit if it slows down a little?

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Desroko said:
I know I don't read this site very often anymore, but...

People still make these threads? Damn.

sadly, they still do... : (

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

V-r0cK said:
Wii sales are declining, drastically in Japan, but only slightly in the rest. Wii will still be strong for years to come.

Wii sales are up in the West and overall. They are only down in Japan. Both the 360 and the Wii are posting higher year over year sales. Only the Playstation Family is down year over year right now.

Around the Network

The thing though is your missint that the Wii sold awesome b4 WiiFit, the Wii is still very popular and what not with basically everyone i talk to. The Wii will still get lots of third party support bc you cant just ignore half of the market. Core gamers will have a Wii along with one or both HD systems for a few gems, which then makes more come out for the Wii in the long run. Also if you notice it is mostly bloody FPS that are normally just eclusive to the HD platform now, other than the First party titles.

Then you are forgetting large games coming out for the Wii, such as MH and Tales especially for Japan and did you forget DQX is coming out for the Wii?

Did you forget that western support is basically increasing and looking at GH sales obviously games like those which make companies the most revenue and profit margins are high on such games will definitely come to the Wii, Wii version of GHIII and WT is highest above the 360 version despite the 360 having a game advantage.

Essentially your points could be valid but in terms of mass market appeal the Wii is winning in the NA market for sure, i cant speak for others since i do not know their culture as well. Well actually in US its Wii and 360 then PS3 just for like the sony exclusives but M$ makes sure those seem inferior to those on the 360.

"Like you know"

LOL, another ridiculous thread about the Wii being doomed

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:

Dude.  He said not to say that.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Hawk said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

Dude.  He said not to say that.

But that is what it is, its a ridiculous thread for a few reasons, 2009 WW sales are better than 2008 sales so far, and the big Wii games aren't even out yet, MH3 and Sports resort are still a ways off.

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

I'm not going to comment on this thread, mainly because the OP attempted to be a fairly tame poster, but somehow has resorted to a similar posting style as this member: http://www.vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=14804 Coincidence?