By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Not only is the Wii bubble going to burst but it will EXPLODE!!!!

The Wii's sales are going into a rapid decline

 

If you think that the is not chance of this happening what so ever because its the Wii then get out of my thread NOW!!!!

If you think that this is some fanboy rant then get out of my thread NOW!!!!

If you are going to post without reading all and understanding my opening post then get out of my thred NOW!!!!

If you are going to just mock me and throw insults at me for no reason then get out of this thread NOW!!!!

If you are going to complain and say Wii is doomed thread 10,000 then get out of my thread NOW!!!!

If any of the above applies to you dont post and just leave he thread please.

 

OK with that out of the way lets begin.

the Wii has gained its success from giving people new experiances. Due to this is has become the fastes selling console to date and had broke many sales records within the gaming industry. Good for you Nintendo you must be thrilled. But these recording breaking sales the Wii has been getting are coming to end!!!!! dom dom dommmmmmmmmmmmmm

 

As said already the Wii has gained it succes from giving people a new experiance. (motion controls). But what games have helped to give this experiance? Wii have lol Wii Sports, Wii play, Mario Kart Wii and the grand dady of them all Wii Fit. These four games and deffo the last one mentioned have giving the Wii sales that even Nintendo didnt expect.

the demise of the Wii

it has come to my attention that the Wii's biggest system seller contray to popular opinion is Wii Fit. the attach rate of Wii Fits to Wii's each week is staggering. this is going to be a crucial point later on.

Japan....

The Wii's sales in Japan have been in a downwards spiral now for about a year. The thing i have noticed though is that peopole who buy Wii's are people who eva want Wii Fit, Family friendly games or are Nintendo Diehards. The problem this has made is that the few core games the Wii gets sells to a few ninty diehards and thats about hence the reson of lack of 3rd party suppoert.

also as the sales off Wii fit have died off so has the Wii along side it (in JAPAN)  and i think that this is a trend that will carry over to the rest of the world. People dont buy Wii's for traditional games as they sales data has shown. They buy the Wii for Wii fit.

This for nintendo is going to be very difficult to overcome. Wii fit has already hit saturation point in Japan hence why the Wii is starting to lag. So whats going to happen when Wii Fit hits saturation point the rest f the world. A huge decline in sales of Wii hardware.

 

What can Nintendo do to save the Wii in Japan? Wii M+

This in my humble opinion is going to fail to attract new wii owners or give the Wii a dwecent prolonged boost. If the standard motion controls of the Wii hasnt been able to convince someon eto buy it then why on earth is wii M+ going to convince them. pluss this is going to be bundles with Wii Sports Resort (i think). yet another games that will only appeal to existing Wii owners but will fail attract any new ones.

Monster Hunter isnt going to save the Wii in Japan eva because the experiance that sells Monster Hunter games is impossible to achieve with the Wii. So all the Wii has left for Japan now is Dragan Quest. it is going to be huge by the way but it aint coming out for ages yet so.

So i really do hope that Nintendo have something new for everyone soon or they are going to get into some deep shit to put it bluntly. pluss if you havee got fat through thid text then you musy have almost as much time on your hands as me now. kinds said to be honest lol. just playing.

 

Discuss



Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

I'm hoping for a new Nintendo console in about two years anyway. Even if Wii sales were cut in half, I'd say that Nintendo did a remarkable job, this generation.



Twitter: @d21lewis

There does appear to be a correlation between the two.

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=Japan&cons2=&reg2=------&cons3=&reg3=------&start=39558&end=39922

http://www.vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=Japan&game1=Wii+Fit+-+Wii&reg2=All&game2=&reg3=All&game3=&weeks=100&weekly=1

The real question is this, does Wii Fit decline because the Wii declines, or does the Wii decline because Wii Fit declines? If theres a causality, which one is it?



Tease.

OMG here we go again!!!

Another Wii is doomed thread!

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMEDZ!



Sales are up year over year. 2009 will be a better year saleswise than 2008.



Around the Network

doing my bit here mr frusting, and yes, I agree.

At work ( I'm surrounded by women :D), most girls have a Wii, most women have a Wii and most elderly milfys have a Wii. I speak to them to ask for their opinion on gaming.

1. They are not impressed having to buy a M+
2. After seeing a friends 360 and ps3, they were less impressed as now they understand graphics.
3. The inability to play DVDs or store music didn't impress them. They would prefer playing wii fit with their own music.
4. Some of them had a ps2 last ten and if ps3 has more eye toy games, brings back dance mats and does more with the 6axis, they would consider buying a ps3.

The Wii in my opinion is a gadget. Gadgets are sold on novelty mostly and when the novelty wears out the product sees decline.

The ps3 is also a gadget, but it has more functionality and this is the difference- limitations.

I don't think the Wii will die, but I do believe it will slow down and have similar sales to the 360 and ps3 and then drop some more. Especially if ps3 has a price cut and releases some friggin eye toy games!



Chrizum said:

Sales are up year over year. 2009 will be a better year saleswise than 2008.

Take a look at the sales graph and WEEP. (Or increase your understanding)

 

 



Tease.

Squilliam said:
There does appear to be a correlation between the two.

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=Japan&cons2=&reg2=------&cons3=&reg3=------&start=39558&end=39922

http://www.vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=Japan&game1=Wii+Fit+-+Wii&reg2=All&game2=&reg3=All&game3=&weeks=100&weekly=1

The real question is this, does Wii Fit decline because the Wii declines, or does the Wii decline because Wii Fit declines? If theres a causality, which one is it?

 

 

i think a closer inspection at the EU n US dats should be able to answer that

the thing is Wii fit is not a game so people who want wii fit are not really gamers so i think it is safe to say the Wii fit lifted Wii's sales more then what it should have been because of health enthusiats wanting Wii fit. once them people get the game the Wii's sales will start to drop. I mean think of it this way why on earth does the console not sell way more software.

 

it only sells the same few games. yh maybe a few people who brought the wii for games thought hey Wii fit but i bet its not as many who though oh wii fit i need a Wii



Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=69777&page=1

WTF? Why did you make the exact same thread again?



“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Serious_frusting said:
Squilliam said:
There does appear to be a correlation between the two.

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=Japan&cons2=&reg2=------&cons3=&reg3=------&start=39558&end=39922

http://www.vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=Japan&game1=Wii+Fit+-+Wii&reg2=All&game2=&reg3=All&game3=&weeks=100&weekly=1

The real question is this, does Wii Fit decline because the Wii declines, or does the Wii decline because Wii Fit declines? If theres a causality, which one is it?

 

 

i think a closer inspection at the EU n US dats should be able to answer that

the thing is Wii fit is not a game so people who want wii fit are not really gamers so i think it is safe to say the Wii fit lifted Wii's sales more then what it should have been because of health enthusiats wanting Wii fit. once them people get the game the Wii's sales will start to drop. I mean think of it this way why on earth does the console not sell way more software.

 

it only sells the same few games. yh maybe a few people who brought the wii for games thought hey Wii fit but i bet its not as many who though oh wii fit i need a Wii

http://www.vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=Others&game1=Wii+Fit+-+Wii&reg2=All&game2=&reg3=All&game3=&weeks=100&weekly=1

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=Europe&cons2=Wii&reg2=Europe&cons3=Wii&reg3=Europe&start=39558&end=39922

Im sorry, I can't see a connection between Wii Fit and European sales. For the same 52 week period I cannot see a spike or drop coresponding to say Wii Fit availability.

 

 

 



Tease.