By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Not only is the Wii bubble going to burst but it will EXPLODE!!!!

Seriously, I think BHR-3 and serious_frusting are even crazzier than CrazzyMan.

And that's saying a lot. Why can't all the Sony fanboys be as reasonable as leo-j, outlaw, DMJ, and darth?

Around the Network

i tried to keep an open mind about all of this...but you fail in your first going

to say what got people to go to teh wii was fresh new controls then turn around and say that even better controls will not be good.....that like saying what makes my car run is gas but adding more gas wont make it run any longer....

fail

leo-j made the GTA will kill the Wii prediction

that is far from reasnable lol

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Haha looking at their walls they agree like they were the same person. lol one in Australia and the other in United kingdom :P
PS3beats360 signed up today. Are you the same person (well I think you are but I just can’t say that out laud)

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

mesoteto said:

i tried to keep an open mind about all of this...but you fail in your first going

to say what got people to go to teh wii was fresh new controls then turn around and say that even better controls will not be good.....that like saying what makes my car run is gas but adding more gas wont make it run any longer....

fail

no its called giving people more of the same. thats like me saying oh Motorstorm sold 3mil+ So Motorstorm PR is going to be a system seller. nope. no it wont because it is more of the same. Wii M+ is more of the same. if someone didnt want the Wii before then why is Wii M+ going to get thm to buy one. like i said it will appeal to people who already have or want a Wii. hence not helping it at all. it just makes the people who already want a Wii spend even more money on the console then expanding the market

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

Well I think that there is no chance of this happening what so ever because its the Wii but

this is only some fanboy rant anyway so

I can post without reading all and understanding the opening post in order to

mock the OP and throw insults for no reasons at Serious_frusting.

Wow, this is funny. It's like painting by numbers.

Anyways, the op is really just a crapload of bullshit. These are exactly the same old arguments we here for two and a half years now, and they are not getting better in any way.
The Wii was crushing the concurrence also before Wii Fit and Mario Kart Wii were released, and people also said that those games aren't going to help Nintendo just like you are with Wii Sports Resort (Hint: This will be the buying reason for casuals, not WM+).

Even if we assume that the trends we have in Japan currently will come over to the West sooner or later, it would still be secured that the Wii would sell over 80 million consoles lifetime.

Actually Sony fans should pray that the Wii stays around for a long while, because the Wii's sales would really start to decline sharply, Nintendo would probably release their next console sooner than we currently expect, and this would completely crush Sony's 10 year plan and maybe they'd even have to stop making consoles.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Monster Hunter 3 being exclusive on the Wii will attract a much larger client base than you give credit for. You say that the series on the Wii cannot give people the same experience. To date, the systems the series has been on are graphically weaker than the Wii. Thus, the graphics will be the best the series has had yet. Combine that with smooth flowing motion controls, and you have something that will likely far outdo any of the previous titles.

Wii sales haven't been in a steady decline for a year, only the past 2-3 months. Sales have been quite successful over the HD systems. Ignoring this eliminates any logic in your original post.

Doom is spelled with 2 o's

Some other games that have benefited from motion controls - Metroid Prime 3, Twilight Princess, and especially Bully (definitely the most underrated game on the Wii imo)

With several core games on Wii selling over 1 mil units, people are obviously buying them as well as the casual games like Wii Fit. Until the Wii hits the PS2 level of units sold, it cannot be considered a saturated market. Again, simple logic.

I think I'm going to stop now, because I'm starting to feel that this is a joke thread I'm biting into. No one can be this ignorant.

except you have people complaining that it didn't do 1:1 motion like they wanted and now it will offer that, not to mention that fact that it will open up a huge new wealth of game options that really needed 1:1 to be great, sword fighting, sports, fighting

not to mention there have been tons of games announced that look like they will have a boon

Monster Hunter 3 is still coming and you seem to ignore that the ps3 was in worse condition before getting a price cut which, let me check..nope the wii still hasn't had one of those

not to mention if they make it green, or blue or gold or even off white it will have a huge boost in sales that while not maintainable will defiantly carry them over to the wii 2

and you seem to think that having to do that implies sales bursting
what of teh ps3 or the 360 that have already had to do this?

and don't even get me started how you seem to think that just b/c japan is slowed the rest of the world will follow?

how is that even possible when the sales in teh states are still doing fan freaking tastic?

yo

bardicverse said:
Monster Hunter 3 being exclusive on the Wii will attract a much larger client base than you give credit for. You say that the series on the Wii cannot give people the same experience. To date, the systems the series has been on are graphically weaker than the Wii. Thus, the graphics will be the best the series has had yet. Combine that with smooth flowing motion controls, and you have something that will likely far outdo any of the previous titles.

Wii sales haven't been in a steady decline for a year, only the past 2-3 months. Sales have been quite successful over the HD systems. Ignoring this eliminates any logic in your original post.

Doom is spelled with 2 o's

Some other games that have benefited from motion controls - Metroid Prime 3, Twilight Princess, and especially Bully (definitely the most underrated game on the Wii imo)

With several core games on Wii selling over 1 mil units, people are obviously buying them as well as the casual games like Wii Fit. Until the Wii hits the PS2 level of units sold, it cannot be considered a saturated market. Again, simple logic.

I think I'm going to stop now, because I'm starting to feel that this is a joke thread I'm biting into. No one can be this ignorant.

About Monster Hunter when i said the experiance that sells the series i ment the psp version and it has nthing to do with graphics or motion why Monster hunter sells. i Will give you a clue Monster Hunter on the ps2 didnt sell Monster Hunter on the psp sells gangbusters. What can the psp do that the ps2 or the Wii cant. pluss this is the reason why the games sells

Wii MotionPlus will interest people who thought that Wii controls were inaccurate so it WILL drive the hardware install base.

Wii Sports Resort will drive the Wii MotionPlus adoption among the casual consumer, the ones that are already fine with the controls but would jump at a Wii Sports sequel.

You aren't thinking about how each aspect will affect different people..