By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Not only is the Wii bubble going to burst but it will EXPLODE!!!!

Eh. C-

Anyways, A port of Monster Hunter G with Pay to play online and a demo for Monster Hunter 3 just sold 92 thousand and half of it's shipment first day, so there goes the "People dont buy Wii's for traditional games as they sales data has shown. They buy the Wii for Wii fit." notion.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

<sigh>

Monster Hunter 3
FF:CC
Mario & Sonic at Winter Olympics
Tales of Grace
New Mario Party
WiiSports:Resort
WiiFit+
EA Active
Red Steel II
The Conduit
Pikmin 3
new Xmas big hitter (Mario or Nintedogs IMO)
Takt of Magic
Tiger Woods 10 (including M+)
Grand Slam Tennis (including M+)
Pokemon Title

...Dragon Quest X

Poor Wii, its *obviously* dooooooooomed!

Sales might just explode - but only in a good way.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I think it will implode instead.

shams said:

Monster Hunter 3
FF:CC
Mario & Sonic at Winter Olympics
Tales of Grace
New Mario Party
WiiSports:Resort
WiiFit+
EA Active
Red Steel II
The Conduit
Pikmin 3
new Xmas big hitter (Mario or Nintedogs IMO)
Takt of Magic
Tiger Woods 10 (including M+)
Grand Slam Tennis (including M+)
Pokemon Title

...Dragon Quest X

Poor Wii, its *obviously* dooooooooomed!

Sales might just explode - but only in a good way.

But they have FFXIII so of course the Wii is doomed….

You have no idea what you are talking about Shams… Not!!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Serious_frusting said: About Monster Hunter when i said the experiance that sells the series i ment the psp version and it has nthing to do with graphics or motion why Monster hunter sells. i Will give you a clue Monster Hunter on the ps2 didnt sell Monster Hunter on the psp sells gangbusters. What can the psp do that the ps2 or the Wii cant. pluss this is the reason why the games sells

First of all if you want anyone to take you seriously, learn how to use spell check (pluss, experiance, ment, nthing). No one can take you seriously if you can't spell basic words or even spell check them.

Secondly, every released version of Monster Hunter has sold more than the last, the PS2 versions were made before the series exploded into mass popularity in Japan. I do think that the Wii rerelease will do pretty good (not PSP levels but it's not a new game), but you are fooling yourself if you think MH3 will not do very strong numbers in Japan and move a good amount of consoles. 

OT, yes the Wii has slowed this year (mostly due to weak 1st party offerings from Nintendo), but all 3 consoles have had strong and low periods this gen. And this low period for the Wii is still beating the competition worldwide, and is the only console not to have had a price cut. WM+ is coming, and you are predicting failure for something you, nor the general consumer has even tried. That is exactly what the gaming industry did to the WiiMote. Not only is this being premature and presumptuous, but could be a major setup for you to eat lots of crow. Hope you're really hungry!

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
Around the Network

Oh, and BTW, you do realize that in 2008, the Wii sold more 3rd party software than any other system, right?

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

What Nintendo has going for them to keep the bubble high:
1)More software to a wider audience
2)Great Japanese 3rd party support
3)A sub $200 price drop. (oh and get ready for a long term sales explosion when that happens since sub $200 is a wide consumer price point)
4)New colors, new bundles, and even a redesign (like the DSi).

Thing is, this is the 2.5 year mark and nintendo is sustaining high sales at the original price point with no additional features added or price cuts. In other words, nintendo is still in the 1st phase of the generation. A 2.5 year duration is unprecedneted and both MS and Sony have entered a phase 2 cycle where they are feverishly adding features and dropping prices to sustain demand. What do you think will happen once nintendo enters that cycle? We will see since Wii Motion+ is the first step towards entering that 2d phase.

Check out the VGC Crunch this Podcast and Blog at www.tsnetcast.com

Wii is indeed doomed... it will be lucky to made up to 12m on Japan lifetime... PS3 otherwise could make up to 8m... X360 to 2m... no, pricecut and new colors won't help the Wii because Sony/MS can do the same and still bring slim SKUs... let's face it, by the time DQX is out SE could do graphically improved ports to PSP-2/DS-2 and sell heaps...

haxxiy said:

Wii is indeed doomed... it will be lucky to made up to 12m on Japan lifetime... PS3 otherwise could make up to 8m... X360 to 2m... no, pricecut and new colors won't help the Wii because Sony/MS can do the same and still bring slim SKUs... let's face it, by the time DQX is out SE could do graphically improved ports to PSP-2/DS-2 and sell heaps...

i really hope this was a joke post. If not then I really need to invest in a Patrick Stewart Facepalm pic.

Did you just say that "Wii is doomed" and that "Wii will be the highest selling console in a major region" in the same sentence?

Also, if sony can so readily make price cuts then why havent they done so in the face of publisher, developer, and consumer demand? The answer is simple; they cant afford it.

Check out the VGC Crunch this Podcast and Blog at www.tsnetcast.com

Some merit in this thread.

WiiMotionPlus to most people I know that have a Wii has caused 2 reactions. Hey I thought the Wii did this already and now a full controller set for the Wii costs $80 (WiiMote, Nunchuk, WiiMotion plus).

WiiFit is a huge driver of Wii sales and also a big part of Wii in the closet. Only reason I purchased a Wii was my wife wanted WiiFit for Christmas. Now the Wii hasnt been used since February. Only other console I have ever had that sat unused so long was my brothers pong (pre Atari 2600).

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.