By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will God of War III and FFXIII outsell Halo 3's opening week?

Sardauk said:

What was the best opening week for a PS3 games anyway ?

Anybody now ?

I think it was MGS4 at 1.4 mil or GTA4 (don't know the #s)

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
Sardauk said:

What was the best opening week for a PS3 games anyway ?

Anybody now ?

Best opening week for PS3 was GTA4 at 2.55 million

God Of War doesnt have a chance in hell.

FFXIII could do it on PS3 possibly, but I dont think it will happen because the 360 will take away too many sales in the US. 

GT5, Im not sure. I never was a fan, and I dont really know the sales history. So my uneducated guess is no just based on the history of sales on PS3. 

I am a gamer. Not a fanboy, not a troll, a gamer. So when you dont like what I have to say, remember this fact.

Halo3 first week > God of War Lifetime

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

JerzeeBalla said:

FFXIII could do it on PS3 possibly, but I dont think it will happen because the 360 will take away too many sales in the US. 

GT5, Im not sure. I never was a fan, and I dont really know the sales history. So my uneducated guess is no just based on the history of sales on PS3. 

even second iterations of games sold over over 9.8 million easily. all up GT4.

and 5 million sales come the europe. sony strong market.

Around the Network
Jo21 said:
JerzeeBalla said:

even second iterations of games sold over over 9.8 million easily. all up GT4.

and 5 million sales come the europe. sony strong market.

I feel you, but for GT5 to sell 10 mil, either half of the current userbase would have to buy it, or it would have to move a shitload of hardware. Unless the userbase greatly increases before it is released. I'm not saying it cant happen, cause again I have never followed the series, but I just dont know. I still think FF has the best chance because it performs so well in all regions. But then again, I guess GT does also. I mean, Prologue sold like 3 mil not including the PSN copies, so.....

I am a gamer. Not a fanboy, not a troll, a gamer. So when you dont like what I have to say, remember this fact.

I doubt it because it seemed nearly every American 360 owner bought the game when it was released. Not every PS3 owner (in any territory) will buy GOW3, and while the Japanese will go crazy for FF13 its opening week wont be like Halo 3's

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Not even combined

Every single American got a halo game its for all ages

while FF & GOW has limited audience

LTS for GOW III 3-5 millions

LTS for FFXIII 5-7 millions

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

No, especially GoW III. Your first week of a million + sales is just crazy

no for god of war III...Max i think it could reach 900k or 1 million...final fantasy XIII has a chance but i think it will sell 1.8 or 2 million....

Being a cricket fan is much simpler and more fun