By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will God of War III and FFXIII outsell Halo 3's opening week?

GT is probably the only PS3 game that has a chance.

Around the Network

GoWIII - no

ffxiii - if they released in all regions same week, yes

TheTruthProphet said:
Jo21 said:
JerzeeBalla said:
Jo21 said:
JerzeeBalla said:

God Of War doesnt have a chance in hell.

FFXIII could do it on PS3 possibly, but I dont think it will happen because the 360 will take away too many sales in the US. 

GT5, Im not sure. I never was a fan, and I dont really know the sales history. So my uneducated guess is no just based on the history of sales on PS3. 

even second iterations of games sold over over 9.8 million easily. all up GT4.

and 5 million sales come the europe. sony strong market.

I feel you, but for GT5 to sell 10 mil, either half of the current userbase would have to buy it, or it would have to move a shitload of hardware. Unless the userbase greatly increases before it is released. I'm not saying it cant happen, cause again I have never followed the series, but I just dont know. I still think FF has the best chance because it performs so well in all regions. But then again, I guess GT does also. I mean, Prologue sold like 3 mil not including the PSN copies, so.....

well halo 3 did it, and its less popular.

@Jo21 - GT is more popular than halo??  Umm based on what exactly?

I never heard of anyone talking bout making a GT movie.  I have never seen GT logos on mountain dew and burger king advertisements.  

Where is this magic land you talk about where GT is so much more popular than halo?

The sales figures for all the games. GT is more popular than Halo, Gran Turismo is known as 'the' racing game

Combined they will

GT5 should easily surpass Halo 3 sales, the whole world is crazy about the series whereas it's mostly N.America which buys Halo games

Initiating social expirement #928719281

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
786_ali said:
GT5 should easily surpass Halo 3 sales, the whole world is crazy about the series whereas it's mostly N.America which buys Halo games

Europe likes Halo as well, but it doesn't have as broad of an appeal as Gran Turismo, don't forget Japan

Regardless, GOWIII definitely won't do it, though it's a possibility the two combined could. Let's not kid ourselves and forget the awesome selling power of Halo. This is a franchise, like Gran Turismo, that keeps the industry hoppin'! I believe to beat it, you REALLY need MAJOR selling power first week

Yeah, I know, Halo is a tough game to beat but I think GT5 will outsell it. Because not only does the ps3 have a larger install base than the 360 had when Halo was released but many people will buy the console just for that game. Plus the GT5 has a wider appeal

CGI-Quality said:
786_ali said:

Europe likes Halo as well, but it doesn't have as broad of an appeal as Gran Turismo, don't forget Japan

Regardless, GOWIII definitely won't do it, though it's a possibility the two combined could. Let's not kid ourselves and forget the awesome selling power of Halo. This is a franchise, like Gran Turismo, that keeps the industry hoppin'! I believe to beat it, you REALLY need MAJOR selling power first week

Halo 3 Map

Yeah, Europe likes Halo 3 as well. 

Week one will be a tough one to beat.

Gran Turismo 4

Region Japan America Others Total
Total Sales 1.16m 2.76m 5.73m 9.65m
Week 1 673,884 770,867 1,026,956 2,471,707

Gran Turismo 3 might have had a bigger opening, but the sales data here doesn't have it.

Halo 3

Total Sales 0.11m 6.76m 2.55m 9.42m
Week 1 62,415 2,844,837 908,192 3,815,444

JaggedSac said:
CGI-Quality said:
786_ali said:

Halo 3 Map

Gran Turismo 4

Gran Turismo 3 might have had a bigger opening, but the sales data here doesn't have it.

Halo 3

GT5 will sell more than GT4 because it'll be the first one for the particular console whereas GT4 was the second or third GT on the ps2

No...not a shot in any plane of existence

GoW 3 is popular but killzone 2 was much more hyped and it dint crack the 1 mil mark on its opening week...so halo's 3.6 million+ seems a bit unrealistic

FFXIII while i cant wait for, is not seeing a worldwide release like halo 3 did and its only halo popular in japan, in the states it sells very well...for a jrpg but nothing more, plus if released right now nearly every 360/ps3 user would have to purchase a copy given the fact that japans install base for these consoles is just over halo 3's 3.6 million opening weekend....and thats not happening

JaggedSac said:
CGI-Quality said:
786_ali said:

Halo 3 Map

Gran Turismo 4

Halo 3

Looking at these numbers......I dont think it will happen. It managed 2.4 million on the PS2 which had to have a much bigger install base than the PS3 will have when GT5 drops. So based on this, it will depend on how many people who dont have a PS3 are gonna buy one when its released. If there is the rumored 100 dollar price cut before its released it may have a slim chance. But I'm still gonna say no. I hope Im wrong though.

I am a gamer. Not a fanboy, not a troll, a gamer. So when you dont like what I have to say, remember this fact.