By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will God of War III and FFXIII outsell Halo 3's opening week?

halo 3 had half the user base/install base the ps3 will have when gow and ff are released.

In spite of this, halo 3 will still easily beat them both in sales.

Around the Network

no chance

JerzeeBalla said:
Jo21 said:
JerzeeBalla said:

God Of War doesnt have a chance in hell.

FFXIII could do it on PS3 possibly, but I dont think it will happen because the 360 will take away too many sales in the US. 

GT5, Im not sure. I never was a fan, and I dont really know the sales history. So my uneducated guess is no just based on the history of sales on PS3. 

even second iterations of games sold over over 9.8 million easily. all up GT4.

and 5 million sales come the europe. sony strong market.

I feel you, but for GT5 to sell 10 mil, either half of the current userbase would have to buy it, or it would have to move a shitload of hardware. Unless the userbase greatly increases before it is released. I'm not saying it cant happen, cause again I have never followed the series, but I just dont know. I still think FF has the best chance because it performs so well in all regions. But then again, I guess GT does also. I mean, Prologue sold like 3 mil not including the PSN copies, so.....

well halo 3 did it, and its less popular.

saimcheeda said:
no for god of war III...Max i think it could reach 900k or 1 million...final fantasy XIII has a chance but i think it will sell 1.8 or 2 million....

Max 1 mil for God Of War 3? I think thats a tad low. Even though most high profile PS3 exclusives may underperform compared to similarly hyped exclusives on other platforms......They still do more than 1 mil for the most part. Plus I believe Sony will push this game more than others being that it already has a solid fanbase. I will say it can reach 2.5-3 million lifetime, similar to the first 2.

I am a gamer. Not a fanboy, not a troll, a gamer. So when you dont like what I have to say, remember this fact.

Jo21 said:
JerzeeBalla said:
Jo21 said:
JerzeeBalla said:

FFXIII could do it on PS3 possibly, but I dont think it will happen because the 360 will take away too many sales in the US. 

GT5, Im not sure. I never was a fan, and I dont really know the sales history. So my uneducated guess is no just based on the history of sales on PS3. 

I feel you, but for GT5 to sell 10 mil, either half of the current userbase would have to buy it, or it would have to move a shitload of hardware. Unless the userbase greatly increases before it is released. I'm not saying it cant happen, cause again I have never followed the series, but I just dont know. I still think FF has the best chance because it performs so well in all regions. But then again, I guess GT does also. I mean, Prologue sold like 3 mil not including the PSN copies, so.....

@Jo21 - GT is more popular than halo??  Umm based on what exactly?

I never heard of anyone talking bout making a GT movie.  I have never seen GT logos on mountain dew and burger king advertisements.  

Where is this magic land you talk about where GT is so much more popular than halo?

Around the Network
JerzeeBalla said:
saimcheeda said:
no for god of war III...Max i think it could reach 900k or 1 million...final fantasy XIII has a chance but i think it will sell 1.8 or 2 million....

Max 1 mil for God Of War 3? I think thats a tad low. Even though most high profile PS3 exclusives may underperform compared to similarly hyped exclusives on other platforms......They still do more than 1 mil for the most part. Plus I believe Sony will push this game more than others being that it already has a solid fanbase. I will say it can reach 2.5-3 million lifetime, similar to the first 2.

no i was saying first week salrs will be 900 k or 1 million..lifetime i think will be 4-5 million...now i suppose u will say im thinking a tad bit high...hehe

Being a cricket fan is much simpler and more fun
Jo21 said:
JerzeeBalla said:
Jo21 said:
JerzeeBalla said:

Halo 3 is not less popular than Gran Turismo. People who dont even play video games know what Halo is. I cant say the same for GT in my experience. I would venture to say that Halo is more recognizable than any video game right now except Mario. I'm talking in terms of everyone, not just amongst gamers.

I am a gamer. Not a fanboy, not a troll, a gamer. So when you dont like what I have to say, remember this fact.

While God of War could potentaily be the greatest thing ever, it dosen't have a hope in hell

the only raeson mgs4 sold well was because of bundles

Xbot said:
the only raeson mgs4 sold well was because of bundles

Right :p

So you're talking about sales then, not game quality. Oh well then, I dont care