By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will God of War III and FFXIII outsell Halo 3's opening week?

CGI-Quality said:
Doletskaya said:
CGI-Quality said:
Doletskaya said:
Since PS3 owners are well-known for their ignorance and indifference on their own exclusive games,I will be surprised if GOW3 can break one million in its first week. FFXIII won't sell too well,too,as JRPGs of these days usually flop and are becoming less and less popular.Now only the stupid Japanese and a minority of people will still stick with JRPGs.

After knowing the sales of KZ2,LBP and R2,people should learn and stop hyping how much a PS3 exclusive is going to sell coz the result always turns out to be disappointing.

Not only is this full of insults, but WRONG as well. You obviously don't know the selling power of Final Fantasy.

The generation of JRPGs has passed.

If you have noticed,not a SINGLE JRPG has passed one million in this generation.

so what make you think FF13 will all of a sudden turn millions of gamers into JRPGs fans and make them buy the game.

What I have said may be quite insulting but true. PS3 owners always turn their backs on their own exclusive games.

Only the sales of MGS4 are decent. Others are all disappointing.

You don't know what you're talking about bud. There has not been a proper FF release yet this gen. You DON'T understand FF's selling power, that's a given here. What JRPGs have released this gen that even remotely have the power that Final Fantasy has?

Final Fantasy definitely has some selling power... but bear in mind its not as popular as it used to be. None of the games in the series sold as well as FF7 which was about 10 million copies and released in 1997. Final Fantasy 12 sold 5.2 million which isn't outstanding numbers considering what the series used to sell and the large userbase it was released to.

The JRPG genre may not exactly be dead but it definitely isn't as strong as it used to be. Not one JRPG has sold a million copies on a HD console as of yet and there have been some big names. Final Fantasy XIII will sell millions on both consoles but I'm not expecting the mega numbers like the past.

Around the Network
mjc2021 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Doletskaya said:
CGI-Quality said:
Doletskaya said:
Since PS3 owners are well-known for their ignorance and indifference on their own exclusive games,I will be surprised if GOW3 can break one million in its first week. FFXIII won't sell too well,too,as JRPGs of these days usually flop and are becoming less and less popular.Now only the stupid Japanese and a minority of people will still stick with JRPGs.

After knowing the sales of KZ2,LBP and R2,people should learn and stop hyping how much a PS3 exclusive is going to sell coz the result always turns out to be disappointing.

Not only is this full of insults, but WRONG as well. You obviously don't know the selling power of Final Fantasy.

The generation of JRPGs has passed.

If you have noticed,not a SINGLE JRPG has passed one million in this generation.

so what make you think FF13 will all of a sudden turn millions of gamers into JRPGs fans and make them buy the game.

What I have said may be quite insulting but true. PS3 owners always turn their backs on their own exclusive games.

Only the sales of MGS4 are decent. Others are all disappointing.

You don't know what you're talking about bud. There has not been a proper FF release yet this gen. You DON'T understand FF's selling power, that's a given here. What JRPGs have released this gen that even remotely have the power that Final Fantasy has?

Final Fantasy definitely has some selling power... but bear in mind its not as popular as it used to be. None of the games in the series sold as well as FF7 which was about 10 million copies and released in 1997. Final Fantasy 12 sold 5.2 million which isn't outstanding numbers considering what the series used to sell and the large userbase it was released to.

The JRPG genre may not exactly be dead but it definitely isn't as strong as it used to be. Not one JRPG has sold a million copies on a HD console as of yet and there have been some big names. Final Fantasy XIII will sell millions on both consoles but I'm not expecting the mega numbers like the past.

Agreed, Final Fantasy XIII won't even break Halo 2's record.

maybe ff XIII

FF is being released in Japan only at first, and 600k maybe, but Halo numbers...are people crazy!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Halo 3's first week brought in almost 4 million in sales when you sum up all regions.

God of War... I doubt it. The highest opening weekend of any GOW game was GOW2 at a total of 560K units when you summed up all regions. It would need to almost... I don't even know the word... Octuple its sales to meet Halo 3. That seems highly unlikely.

Final Fantasy... maybe. From the last 4 numbered FF games (X, X2, XI, XII), the highest first week sales was like 2.5M across all regions. With 13 being multiplat, it could beat that imo. Will it beat 4 million? I've got no clue. But I feel totally safe in saying it can beat what God of War 3 does hands down beyond any shadow of a doubt.

Around the Network

This topic is full of crazy.