By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will God of War III and FFXIII outsell Halo 3's opening week?

GOW has no chance and FF is on the decline in terms of sales. Last one couldn't outsell any of the Halo games.

Around the Network

You guys are out of control. Don't let the mods come in here a lock this. As for me Iknow it wont happen... both franchises are great but Halo is a phenom in the gaming industry. Even Nintendo would love to get their hands on the franchise.

twingo said:

you kids know even with a bundle the game is not free and non bundled consoles are available ? GT is bundled cause GT franchise is strong enough it pushes hardware for sony.

with 360 failing badly at retail struggling to out sale a product double its price, there is a lot of hostility on here. Xbox fanboys must rally and defend their Halo franchisee at all costs now, they got noting left.

ps does op mean GOW and FF or then seperatly ?

Not combined. Is it strange in some way? FFXIII is on 2 platforms, which gives it a shot. GoW III is anticipated sequel to best-selling series on PS2. Nothing strange here...

TheSoldier00 said:
twingo said:

you kids know even with a bundle the game is not free and non bundled consoles are available ? GT is bundled cause GT franchise is strong enough it pushes hardware for sony.

with 360 failing badly at retail struggling to out sale a product double its price, there is a lot of hostility on here. Xbox fanboys must rally and defend their Halo franchisee at all costs now, they got noting left.

ps does op mean GOW and FF or then seperatly ?

Not combined. Is it strange in some way? FFXIII is on 2 platforms, which gives it a shot. GoW III is anticipated sequel to best-selling series on PS2. Nothing strange here...

Best selling? In the top 100 GoWI is 49 and GoWII is 81. The PSP release sold even less copies but managed to find its way on the top 10. Why would this release change anything?

I don't think GOW3 will match Halo sales but if they release it at christmas time in the US it could do very well in comparison to previous GOW titles which were both very good.

With FFVIII the pulling of sales to the 360 in the US will probably prevent the PS3 version from outselling Halo, but this could be a huge title for PS3 in Japan. If sony gets enough systems in stores and prevents shortages during the first week it could sell very well.

GT5 probably won't break first week sales but LTD it usually passes Halo, those Euros love their racing sims. I'm not sure if the demand for racing sims is still as strong as it was last gen but only time will tell.

Around the Network
ironman said:

These "outlandish" bundling claimsmade by yo_john117 are common knowledge, and yes, I NEVER saw a 360 bundled with Halo3 in stores or online. So it's safe to say that GT was bundled much heavier than Halo 3. Also, I would like to point out that many casual purchasers of gaming systems do not base the purchase on the game that the system is bundled with as much as they do the value they will be getting I.E. how many games come with the consol, and what accesories come with the consol, also, in this media heavy age, many people are looking at the consol as a media center of sorts and may not use it for gaming as much as some of the more hard core gamers that troll this forum.

Surely this is a joke funny joke right?  I don't care if you've never saw a 360 bundled with Halo 3 in stores or online.  Fact is, they were bundled.  Without any numbers to support your assertion that GT3 had to be bundled more than Halo 3....It's just flat out stupid.

World-Wide Video Game Consumers have spoken time and time again.  Gran Turismo is a more popular franchise than Halo. It's not even debatable.  

As for the subject?  God of War III (By the game genre, historical evidence) will not sell more than 4 million - 5 million copies regardless.  If we add world-wide numbers for  Final Fantasy (On 360/PS3) and God of War III ?  I bet it will be a close race with Halo 3 and it will probably marginally surpass it.

Rpruett said:
ironman said:

These "outlandish" bundling claimsmade by yo_john117 are common knowledge, and yes, I NEVER saw a 360 bundled with Halo3 in stores or online. So it's safe to say that GT was bundled much heavier than Halo 3. Also, I would like to point out that many casual purchasers of gaming systems do not base the purchase on the game that the system is bundled with as much as they do the value they will be getting I.E. how many games come with the consol, and what accesories come with the consol, also, in this media heavy age, many people are looking at the consol as a media center of sorts and may not use it for gaming as much as some of the more hard core gamers that troll this forum.

Surely this is a joke funny joke right?  I don't care if you've never saw a 360 bundled with Halo 3 in stores or online.  Fact is, they were bundled.  Without any numbers to support your assertion that GT3 had to be bundled more than Halo 3....It's just flat out stupid.

World-Wide Video Game Consumers have spoken time and time again.  Gran Turismo is a more popular franchise than Halo. It's not even debatable.  

As for the subject?  God of War III (By the game genre, historical evidence) will not sell more than 4 million - 5 million copies regardless.  If we add world-wide numbers for  Final Fantasy (On 360/PS3) and God of War III ?  I bet it will be a close race with Halo 3 and it will probably marginally surpass it.

In that case, where is your proof that Halo 3 was bundled? Where is your proof that GT was not bundled very heavily, without these numbers your assertion that my statment of common knowledge is "just flatout stupid" is, well, stupid. I never said halo 3 wasn't bundled because I hear rumers that it may have been lightly bundled in europe, but is common knowlege that GT3  was bundled much heavier with the PS2 than Halo 3 was with the 360. Since the halo franchise is WILDLY popular (selling books, action figures, comics, Tshirts, being seen on everything from pop cans to cerial boxes. Most people have heard of it, and many could recognise it even if they have never played it), I think that microsoft knew they didn't need to bundle halo 3 with the Xbox 360 to get both to sell, it's obviouse that that decision worked. Even if GT 5 was heavily bundled with the PS3 it would NEVER outsell Halo 3. Gaming consumers have spoken all around the world and declaired Halo 3 a winner selling over 10 million copies, something GT could only hope to sell half of. The fact is, the Halo franchise is the best known, the most popular, and the best selling franchise of all time. 

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

ironman said:
Rpruett said:
ironman said:

In that case, where is your proof that Halo 3 was bundled? Where is your proof that GT was not bundled very heavily, without these numbers your assertion that my statment of common knowledge is "just flatout stupid" is, well, stupid. I never said halo 3 wasn't bundled because I hear rumers that it may have been lightly bundled in europe, but is common knowlege that GT3  was bundled much heavier with the PS2 than Halo 3 was with the 360. Since the halo franchise is WILDLY popular (selling books, action figures, comics, Tshirts, being seen on everything from pop cans to cerial boxes. Most people have heard of it, and many could recognise it even if they have never played it), I think that microsoft knew they didn't need to bundle halo 3 with the Xbox 360 to get both to sell, it's obviouse that that decision worked. Even if GT 5 was heavily bundled with the PS3 it would NEVER outsell Halo 3. Gaming consumers have spoken all around the world and declaired Halo 3 a winner selling over 10 million copies, something GT could only hope to sell half of. The fact is, the Halo franchise is the best known, the most popular, and the best selling franchise of all time. 

LOL I was waiting for that immature kid post with the response, "Oh yah, we don't have proof but where is yours, even though we are the original creaters of the argument, and once we are debunked we try to flip it on you!" Gj. Kinda like how Obama said he wouldn't send anymore troops to the Middle East, and what's he do after elected? Send a shit ton more over.

If you fanboys are going to try and claim something, provide proof instead of asking us to prove your argument for you. Grow up ironman.

The Halo francise is the most overrated bland game to ever hit the console market. It provides a bad name to all FPS that even showed effort at creating an original entertaining plot.

I probably have more ps3 games than you :/ 

Well actually the proof that GT3 is more heavily bundled is blatently obvious. Halo 3 recieved one bundle which was a very limited edition and only in Europe. The PS2 bundle with GT3 was shipped to EVERY region. Listen I'm not trying to take sales away from GT its an excellent and huge series I'm simply stating that yes GT3 was more bundled more heavily than Halo 3. Also while GT5 will sell excellent I worry that some of you in here are setting unrealistic goals for the game and though I hate the phrase it appears this is just the next saviour of the PS3.

Software Totals:

ConsoleWeeklyTotalTie Ratio
1,557,133 (+8%) 168,856,780 7.40
1,476,949 (-29%) 180,259,878 5.36
886,615 (+1%) 166,157,971 9.75
520,930 (-4%) 64,199,452 7.66
226,154 (-10%) 69,866,600 4.18
177,802 (-13%) n/a n/a
941 (+2%) If you would all kindly look at the difference beteween 360 and PS3