By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will God of War III and FFXIII outsell Halo 3's opening week?

The biggest exclusive video game launch ever.

MAN, I see A LOT of HALO hate here. Just accept that Gran Turismo 5 will NOT break Halo 3's first-week record. That's insanity and let's now focus on the thread. Where it is God of War III, FFXIII versus Halo 3 in first-week sales performance.

Stop mentioning GT5, we know it's going to be among the fastest-selling ON PS3, but it will not break any major records.

Around the Network
CaseyDDR said:
ironman said:
Rpruett said:
ironman said:

These "outlandish" bundling claimsmade by yo_john117 are common knowledge, and yes, I NEVER saw a 360 bundled with Halo3 in stores or online. So it's safe to say that GT was bundled much heavier than Halo 3. Also, I would like to point out that many casual purchasers of gaming systems do not base the purchase on the game that the system is bundled with as much as they do the value they will be getting I.E. how many games come with the consol, and what accesories come with the consol, also, in this media heavy age, many people are looking at the consol as a media center of sorts and may not use it for gaming as much as some of the more hard core gamers that troll this forum.

Surely this is a joke funny joke right?  I don't care if you've never saw a 360 bundled with Halo 3 in stores or online.  Fact is, they were bundled.  Without any numbers to support your assertion that GT3 had to be bundled more than Halo 3....It's just flat out stupid.

World-Wide Video Game Consumers have spoken time and time again.  Gran Turismo is a more popular franchise than Halo. It's not even debatable.  

As for the subject?  God of War III (By the game genre, historical evidence) will not sell more than 4 million - 5 million copies regardless.  If we add world-wide numbers for  Final Fantasy (On 360/PS3) and God of War III ?  I bet it will be a close race with Halo 3 and it will probably marginally surpass it.

In that case, where is your proof that Halo 3 was bundled? Where is your proof that GT was not bundled very heavily, without these numbers your assertion that my statment of common knowledge is "just flatout stupid" is, well, stupid. I never said halo 3 wasn't bundled because I hear rumers that it may have been lightly bundled in europe, but is common knowlege that GT3  was bundled much heavier with the PS2 than Halo 3 was with the 360. Since the halo franchise is WILDLY popular (selling books, action figures, comics, Tshirts, being seen on everything from pop cans to cerial boxes. Most people have heard of it, and many could recognise it even if they have never played it), I think that microsoft knew they didn't need to bundle halo 3 with the Xbox 360 to get both to sell, it's obviouse that that decision worked. Even if GT 5 was heavily bundled with the PS3 it would NEVER outsell Halo 3. Gaming consumers have spoken all around the world and declaired Halo 3 a winner selling over 10 million copies, something GT could only hope to sell half of. The fact is, the Halo franchise is the best known, the most popular, and the best selling franchise of all time. 

LOL I was waiting for that immature kid post with the response, "Oh yah, we don't have proof but where is yours, even though we are the original creaters of the argument, and once we are debunked we try to flip it on you!" Gj. Kinda like how Obama said he wouldn't send anymore troops to the Middle East, and what's he do after elected? Send a shit ton more over.

If you fanboys are going to try and claim something, provide proof instead of asking us to prove your argument for you. Grow up ironman.

Names, thats all you got? No proof, no common knowlege, it's pretty sad when you fanboys have to try and discredit anybody who speaks out against your preciouse games by calling them names. Now, I just did a little research, (which is more than you fanboys will EVER do) and I found out that only certain 360 versions were ever bundles, like the 360 pro in Portugal. but not every 360 was bundled, infact very few were. tell me, how many did you see bundled with Halo 3? now how many PS2s did you see bundled with GT3? considerably more. So, Casey, try getting some facts to back up your worthless argument before bashing me. At least we agree on one thing, Obama is a lier!!!! But thats another topic. 

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

ironman said:
Rpruett said:
ironman said:

These "outlandish" bundling claimsmade by yo_john117 are common knowledge, and yes, I NEVER saw a 360 bundled with Halo3 in stores or online. So it's safe to say that GT was bundled much heavier than Halo 3. Also, I would like to point out that many casual purchasers of gaming systems do not base the purchase on the game that the system is bundled with as much as they do the value they will be getting I.E. how many games come with the consol, and what accesories come with the consol, also, in this media heavy age, many people are looking at the consol as a media center of sorts and may not use it for gaming as much as some of the more hard core gamers that troll this forum.

Surely this is a joke funny joke right?  I don't care if you've never saw a 360 bundled with Halo 3 in stores or online.  Fact is, they were bundled.  Without any numbers to support your assertion that GT3 had to be bundled more than Halo 3....It's just flat out stupid.

World-Wide Video Game Consumers have spoken time and time again.  Gran Turismo is a more popular franchise than Halo. It's not even debatable.  

As for the subject?  God of War III (By the game genre, historical evidence) will not sell more than 4 million - 5 million copies regardless.  If we add world-wide numbers for  Final Fantasy (On 360/PS3) and God of War III ?  I bet it will be a close race with Halo 3 and it will probably marginally surpass it.

The fact is, the Halo franchise is the best known, the most popular, and the best selling franchise of all time. 

ROFL.   Okay man.     Dude learn to spell rumors and use paragraphs and we can discuss things.  Sound good?

ironman said:

Even if GT 5 was heavily bundled with the PS3 it would NEVER outsell Halo 3. Gaming consumers have spoken all around the world and declaired Halo 3 a winner selling over 10 million copies, something GT could only hope to sell half of. The fact is, the Halo franchise is the best known, the most popular, and the best selling franchise of all time. 

I'm trying to figure out if this is a joke post.

boxydancer said:
ironman said:

Even if GT 5 was heavily bundled with the PS3 it would NEVER outsell Halo 3. Gaming consumers have spoken all around the world and declaired Halo 3 a winner selling over 10 million copies, something GT could only hope to sell half of. The fact is, the Halo franchise is the best known, the most popular, and the best selling franchise of all time. 

Im not sure if he know that Gran Turismo sold like big macs at fat camp......but what ever.....

Around the Network

If you are talking about world wide then maybe FFXIII has a chance because its mulitplatform, but GOW III has no chance.

Final Fantasy XIII may be a big release in Japan. Well, as big as Yakuza 3 big. God of War III? Anyone have any idea WHY it would do BIG BIG BIG numbers? I don't see it.

boxydancer said:
ironman said:

Though he is correct. Halo 3's first-week and lifetime sales will outpace GT5, easily.

Rpruett said:
ironman said:

How much do you think they will sell? Why would they marginally surpass it?

TheSoldier00 said:
Rpruett said:
ironman said:

How much do you think they will sell? Why would they marginally surpass it?

Honestly, I was looking more at the overall lifetime compared to Halo 3. I'm actually not too sure these two titles can outdo Halo 3's first week.   But I see God of War III selling about 3 - 4 million and Final Fantasy selling around 7 million +  overall and I think that they will see front loaded sales.