By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will God of War III and FFXIII outsell Halo 3's opening week?

Leonidus said:
Xbot said:
the only raeson mgs4 sold well was because of bundles

Right :p

So you're talking about sales then, not game quality. Oh well then, I dont care

He's kind of right and wrong at the same time. MGS sold very well because of bundles, but they would've still done fine without.

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:
TheTruthProphet said:
peshkavus said:
I would love to see FFXIII break Halo 3's record just to see some fanboys cry all over the net ;)

LMAO.....you mean like when all the sony ps3 fanboys were crying and devastated when halo 3 became the biggest launch in entertainment history generating over $170 million dollars in 1 day?

http://www.reuters.com/article/inPlayBriefing/idUSIN20070927063131MSFT20070927

GTA SA for the PS2 beats Halo 3's first week. It beat Halo 3 by about 170,000 copies. So we're still happy with our San Andreas record :)

Why do you bring in a PS2 title, when we're talking about a PS3 and 360 game? So desperate for a comeback.

Rpruett said:
TheSoldier00 said:
Rpruett said:
ironman said:

These "outlandish" bundling claimsmade by yo_john117 are common knowledge, and yes, I NEVER saw a 360 bundled with Halo3 in stores or online. So it's safe to say that GT was bundled much heavier than Halo 3. Also, I would like to point out that many casual purchasers of gaming systems do not base the purchase on the game that the system is bundled with as much as they do the value they will be getting I.E. how many games come with the consol, and what accesories come with the consol, also, in this media heavy age, many people are looking at the consol as a media center of sorts and may not use it for gaming as much as some of the more hard core gamers that troll this forum.

Surely this is a joke funny joke right?  I don't care if you've never saw a 360 bundled with Halo 3 in stores or online.  Fact is, they were bundled.  Without any numbers to support your assertion that GT3 had to be bundled more than Halo 3....It's just flat out stupid.

World-Wide Video Game Consumers have spoken time and time again.  Gran Turismo is a more popular franchise than Halo. It's not even debatable.  

As for the subject?  God of War III (By the game genre, historical evidence) will not sell more than 4 million - 5 million copies regardless.  If we add world-wide numbers for  Final Fantasy (On 360/PS3) and God of War III ?  I bet it will be a close race with Halo 3 and it will probably marginally surpass it.

How much do you think they will sell? Why would they marginally surpass it?

Honestly, I was looking more at the overall lifetime compared to Halo 3. I'm actually not too sure these two titles can outdo Halo 3's first week.   But I see God of War III selling about 3 - 4 million and Final Fantasy selling around 7 million +  overall and I think that they will see front loaded sales.

GOW selling 4 M would be a first.

Zizzla_Rachet said:
boxydancer said:
ironman said:

Even if GT 5 was heavily bundled with the PS3 it would NEVER outsell Halo 3. Gaming consumers have spoken all around the world and declaired Halo 3 a winner selling over 10 million copies, something GT could only hope to sell half of. The fact is, the Halo franchise is the best known, the most popular, and the best selling franchise of all time. 

I'm trying to figure out if this is a joke post.

Im not sure if he know that Gran Turismo sold like big macs at fat camp......but what ever.....

I am fully aware of that, but the fact is, we are talking about GT5, NOT GT, so that point is moot. Oh and FYI my last post was not a joke, merely a statement of fact.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Since PS3 owners are well-known for their ignorance and indifference on their own exclusive games,I will be surprised if GOW3 can break one million in its first week. FFXIII won't sell too well,too,as JRPGs of these days usually flop and are becoming less and less popular.Now only the stupid Japanese and a minority of people will still stick with JRPGs.

After knowing the sales of KZ2,LBP and R2,people should learn and stop hyping how much a PS3 exclusive is going to sell coz the result always turns out to be disappointing.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Doletskaya said:
Since PS3 owners are well-known for their ignorance and indifference on their own exclusive games,I will be surprised if GOW3 can break one million in its first week. FFXIII won't sell too well,too,as JRPGs of these days usually flop and are becoming less and less popular.Now only the stupid Japanese and a minority of people will still stick with JRPGs.

After knowing the sales of KZ2,LBP and R2,people should learn and stop hyping how much a PS3 exclusive is going to sell coz the result always turns out to be disappointing.

Not only is this full of insults, but WRONG as well. You obviously don't know the selling power of Final Fantasy.

The generation of JRPGs has passed.

If you have noticed,not a SINGLE JRPG has passed one million in this generation.

so what make you think FF13 will all of a sudden turn millions of gamers into JRPGs fans and make them buy the game.

What I have said may be quite insulting but true. PS3 owners always turn their backs on their own exclusive games.

Only the sales of MGS4 are decent. Others are all disappointing.

Doletskaya said:
CGI-Quality said:
Doletskaya said:

Not only is this full of insults, but WRONG as well. You obviously don't know the selling power of Final Fantasy.

The generation of JRPGs has passed.

If you have noticed,not a SINGLE JRPG has passed one million in this generation.

so what make you think FF13 will all of a sudden turn millions of gamers into JRPGs fans and make them buy the game.

What I have said may be quite insulting but true. PS3 owners always turn their backs on their own exclusive games.

Only the sales of MGS4 are decent. Others are all disappointing.

Final Fantasy VII turned millions of people into "JRPG" fans.....I dont like that term at all....I think RPG is fine, the fact that it was made in Japan or by a japanese game maker should not give it a Genre distinction. In the end what define's "JRPG" is wrong....or it should be explaiend to me ...So would Turn based RPG be TBRPG? and as far as sales go....Sony fans like to pretend that every is sitting at home waiting for the big one...and every sony exclusive is gastronamical in every aspect but the bottom line is we will have to see..I doubt anyone is debating on wich system to get based on this year's exclusive list I think they will dicide based on what gets more word of mouth...

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Gilgamesh said:
TheTruthProphet said:
peshkavus said:
I would love to see FFXIII break Halo 3's record just to see some fanboys cry all over the net ;)

LMAO.....you mean like when all the sony ps3 fanboys were crying and devastated when halo 3 became the biggest launch in entertainment history generating over $170 million dollars in 1 day?

http://www.reuters.com/article/inPlayBriefing/idUSIN20070927063131MSFT20070927

GTA SA for the PS2 beats Halo 3's first week. It beat Halo 3 by about 170,000 copies. So we're still happy with our San Andreas record :)

Why do you bring in a PS2 title, when we're talking about a PS3 and 360 game? So desperate for a comeback.

Beause there is no PS3 game that comes or will come close to Halo 3's record sales. That's why he has to bring up a game on a console that has sold about 150 million units.

Anyway, Halo 3 is still the biggest entertainment launch ever, after GTA IV, that's on two platforms.

Hey, here's an idea, lets take the Halo3 v. GT5 portion of this tragically high jacked thread, and move it over to a thread that was created specifically for that purpose!

URL http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=68108&page=29

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

CGI-Quality said:
Doletskaya said:

CGI, don't get mad at him, he is a 2-posts newbie...

Doletskaya, please dig a bit on this forum and learn some stuffs...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.