By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will God of War III and FFXIII outsell Halo 3's opening week?

fun MODE OFF:

''Halo reach''.. sell 7.m first week ,Believe¡¡¡¡¡¡

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Why do people think God of War is some epic IP?

Absence makes the heart grow fonder perhaps?

I dunno about FF, but God of War isn't a very big franchise compared to Halo. All GOW games combined didn't even sell close to what Halo 3 has sold. :p

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

If Killzone 2, the jesus-hyped-halo-killer-of-games couldn't break a mil first week, GoW stands no chance. I will be extremely  impressed if GoW makes 750k first week.

FF on the other hand, has a good shot at selling half Halo 3's first week with its first week, solo. No FF game has sold more then 2 mil first week in Japan, and on a user base roughly 5 times larger then the one here. So 750k-1mil is the most likely for Japan with FF. Both versions, though, should likely add up to at least 2.5-3million though, but that still isn't 4 mil.

I just realized what a true beast Halo 3 is :/

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

I would love to see FFXIII break Halo 3's record just to see some fanboys cry all over the net ;)

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Why do people think God of War is some epic IP?

Well it is in quality to most, but sadly some people dont realize that quality doesnt always equal massive sales.

I am a gamer. Not a fanboy, not a troll, a gamer. So when you dont like what I have to say, remember this fact.

lol no, the original GoW did less lifetime than Halo 3 opening week

i think if you combine both platform skews of FFXIII maybe, otherwise no. however i dont see how combining both platforms sales is fair to a game only offered on one. ... thats why i still see COD4 as lower in terms of sales then halo, but thats only platform specific.... I think the wii could get away with it in a new main line mario game ... come on be like the NES gives 2 awesome mario games.....

on second thought even on the playstation alone FF XIII might be able to pull it off, but it will all hinge on japan.... also an FFVII remake could do it on any home console platform if marketed right

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

These games will do it:

FFXIII Versus

GT5

Remember that

god of war 1 and 2, despite being two fantastic games, didn´t sell that much on ps2. If god of war 3 reach 3 milion lifetime, it would be very good for sony. Maybe god of war 3 could sell 1 milion in first month. I´m positive that FF XIII will be a hit and could sell more than MGS 4, but the only game that has a chance to outsell Halo 3 (and GTA IV) is Gran Turismo 5. Unfortunately, i don´t think it will make it.